Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Tue, July 21st, 2009, 09:11 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about
Default Tweaking for best Fuel Economy??

Ok I am back at it, before I drive back to Colorado from CA I want to see if I can make an even more fuel efficient map...
I am really looking to tweak my fuel usage while crusing on the freeway..
that is right at 2000 RPM and 75mph.. less than 30-35% throttle and usually 2-5lbs of boost pressure...

from comparing the stock and 75FS fuel sipper tune from Bill as well as the 80hp tow I am looking at the following
SOI is already pretty advanced compared to stock so I don't think i will make any changes to that and I aready adjusted the high altitude SOI on all of my tunes.
Injector pulewidth is the same across all the tunes so being that I am using stock injectors I am planning on leaving those alone too
I notice a little earlier and steeper curve in the ICP Duty cycle which may be adding a bit more fuel each stroke but may also just get better atomization of the fuel.... Maybe I will bring this closer to stock???
OK so the image below shows the following settings with Black being stock, Blue being Fuel Sipper and Red being 80HP
from left to right are MASS FUEL DESIRED: LOW BOOST FUEL: ICP DESIRED: AND FUEL PULSEWIDTH MULTIPLIER.. all around the RPM and Throttle position range I am in at freeway crusing speeds

I am thinking of lowering the Low boost fuel and/or the Injector Pulsewidth Multiplier to stock or slightly below stock for these ranges to gain fuel economy.. Any ideas or thoughts on this
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's