Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, February 10th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road
Help, Corey - Pod installation

Ok so I got my gryphon today and went out to hook it up and put the pod on...Well got it programmed to my truck, got the wire ran up the side and the pod on the dash, but my display will not stay in the pod. Ive looked through the box and I dont see any thing else. In some of the up close pictures I have seen it looks like a rubber strip goes around the edge of the pod... could I be missing this but here is a pic of it sitting in there

Last edited by Jackpine; Tue, February 10th, 2009 at 03:44 PM. Reason: To try to get Corey's attention quickly
Old Tue, February 10th, 2009, 02:24 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Yes, you're missing the rubber "boot" that holds the unit in place. Get in touch with Corey - call her or PM her if she doesn't see this soon. I'm sure she'll get it to you quickly!

But, you can still use the unit to program your truck and you could even leave it connected if you just wedge something like a paper towel around it to hold it in place, while you're waiting for the boot to arrive.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, February 10th, 2009, 02:30 PM

Thanks Jack for the quick reply, I thought that was it. Jack you are gone to start charging me for all the help you been giving me now ain't you Now I am off for a test drive to try it out.
Old Tue, February 10th, 2009, 03:09 PM
addicted

kokopellimotorsports is on a distinguished road

Lol. That happened to me also. I just programmed it and took it out till I got the boot. No big deal. Corey will get you fixed up.

Ty

Tuning is addicting. Lol.
Old Tue, February 10th, 2009, 03:21 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWBFX4 View Post
Thanks Jack for the quick reply, I thought that was it. Jack you are gone to start charging me for all the help you been giving me now ain't you Now I am off for a test drive to try it out.
Never, buddy! But, I have to let you, and everyone else in on a little story:

Shortly after I bought my truck (used) about a year and a half ago, I discovered the f150 forums and quickly learned what a great resource they were, especially for someone who had never seen an engine with no distributor, no plug wires, no throttle cable, etc., how the heck did it even run?

But, I began to learn and then one day I became frustrated trying to "search" for something due to the HUGE number of "hits" I got that weren't even related to what I was looking for. And, the "search directions" in this particular forum were no help at all. (I finally learned if you want to match the entire search string, you had to put it in quotes like this: "throttle body spacer" to avoid matching "throttle" or "body" or "throttle body", etc.). Well, since I was frustrated, I simply asked everyone on the forum my question, which seemed reasonable, since a forum is for sharing information. My first response was from a guy who simply told me, "I had to learn how to use the "search" function", and since I didn't know, he guessed "He'd have to spoon-feed me". That was all he said, nothing more.

Well, I DID finally find what I was looking for, no thanks to him (or anyone else, for that matter) and came back to share it, thinking it might be of interest to some other people (but I told the "spoon-feeder" he could just ignore my post since he already knew everything). The "spoon-feeder" never let up after that, and I learned to simply ignore anything he posted - it was never of any use to anyone anyway. But, I vowed to myself that if ANYONE ever had a question, I'd try to help him/her find the answer. And, I'd NEVER put anyone down for asking any question either - no question is "stupid". (Even though I think some of mine are)! :o

So, that's why I do what I do. That, and the fact that I'm retired from 20 years teaching in the University and I enjoyed it.

I really hijacked this thread, didn't I? Hope you are enjoying your "new" truck now (it felt like a new one to me when I got my programmer).

And, I hope Corey gets you your mounting boot quickly!

- Jack
Old Tue, February 10th, 2009, 03:41 PM

Well Jack I can definitely say ever post of yours that I have seen has been very helpful, and I would like to say many thanks!

Now on to the new truck comment..Wow! I actually had to make sure it was my truck that I got into. That definitely has been the best thing that I have ever bought for a vehicle. I can't believe the passing power I have now even at cruising speed not to mention the throttle lag being gone. The gauges on the display are awesome also. Its a great product and would definitely recommend PHP to anyone.

Plus I can't believe I waited this long to order one.
Old Tue, February 10th, 2009, 03:47 PM
PHP Groupie

I'm really pleased that you like your Gryphon as much as I did.

I just edited your original post a bit (the title) to try to attract Corey's attention sooner. (I get to do that since they made me a Moderator in a fit of questionable judgment).

- Jack
Old Tue, February 10th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWBFX4 View Post
Ok so I got my gryphon today and went out to hook it up and put the pod on...Well got it programmed to my truck, got the wire ran up the side and the pod on the dash, but my display will not stay in the pod. Ive looked through the box and I dont see any thing else. In some of the up close pictures I have seen it looks like a rubber strip goes around the edge of the pod... could I be missing this but here is a pic of it sitting in there
You got the bonus Gryphon -- it's a great exercise in multi-tasking... driving AND holding the Gryphon in place. Sorry 'bout that. My fault. I'll get one in the mail to you tomorrow!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, February 10th, 2009, 04:03 PM

No problem, Thanks Corey

Disclaimer: Do not try out new found power and multi-task while holding display
Old Tue, February 10th, 2009, 04:09 PM
PHP Groupie

Hey, you could have done even better and tried taking a picture of the process (while "in action")!

And, JWB, you see why Bill and Corey have such a great fan club! Where else would you find such a quick, positive response?

- Jack