Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, February 12th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Whopper

Simple Man is on a distinguished road
Default Just got my Gryphon today and something might be wrong?

I just got my Gryphon today and hooked everything up. I put a fuel tank of 93 octane in it and ran canned tune level 3. I didn't really notice a change at all, not in shifting or anything. It did say on the home screen that it was in level 3. So I reset it back stock and then brought the tuner inside and installed Pegasus and tried to connect to Pegasus but it never identified the device. I uninstalled the program and deleted the USB drivers and reinstalled everything and still have the same issue. I was kind of curiuos is there could be something wrong with tuner?

Thanks for your help.
Old Thu, February 12th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Whopper

I found in the help file a fix for Vista so I can now see the device through Pegasus.

We'll see what happens now..
Old Thu, February 12th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Whopper

I tried hooking it back up to my truck and it now just says something about ECM not found. I unplugged for 5 sec and tried it again and still the same thing.

I was worried at first but my truck still starts fine. lol

The updates show I have the most stable firmware and whatever the other update is. I thought I would restore it but it says I need a key.
Old Thu, February 12th, 2009, 10:02 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Sorry if this seems like the "idiot" treatment, Simple Man, but, as I just said in an earlier post, I'm trying to help out Bill with some preliminary troubleshooting steps so he can figure out your problem quicker.

Please verify for me that when you plug the Gryphon into the OBD port with the ignition ON, that you see a small "zero" up in the upper right hand corner of the screen?

If you do, you're at stock level and ready to go to the next step.

Push the Menu button, select "Power Programming" and hit "Enter". You should have three choices: Scroll down to Level 3 with the down arrow and hit Enter. At this point, hit Enter again on "No" to "Create a custom program?" Does the Gryphon prompt you to turn the ignition key OFF, then ON again (without starting)? And, if it does, do you see a progress screen that shows how programming is progressing? And, finally, at the end, do your headlights flash and do you hear a "thunk" from up front somewhere?

If so, you SHOULD be programmed. Hit the Menu button until you are back at the display screen and verify there is a "3" in the upper right corner of the screen. If it's there, the Gryphon thinks you are programmed in Level 3.

Take it for a drive and see what you think.

And, if some of this doesn't work, or you're not happy with the results if it all did, I'm out of ideas and Bill will have to come to your rescue.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, February 12th, 2009, 10:09 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Simple Man, you're too fast for me! You put in two new posts before I could type my last answer!

What year is your truck? I was giving you directions for a 2004+ model, but yours may need a different approach.

And now, you say the Gryphon cannot identify the ECM? This almost sounds like a Gryphon stuck at a higher level trying to program a truck that is at Level 0 (stock). If that's the case, somehow, I think you got the Gryphon to think the truck was programmed when it was not.

And, sadly, I think the only one who can help you is the Mad Doctor! I'm sorry for both of you - I really wish I could have helped! :cry:

- Jack
Old Fri, February 13th, 2009, 10:00 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Give us a call when you have a minute so we can walk through everything. It's probably something simple and we should be able to get it fixed quickly.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sat, February 14th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Whopper

Hello everyone,

I hooked the Gryphon back up to the truck and everything worked fine. I did the level 3 custom and set the gears to match the 3.55's that my truck has according to the sticker in the door jam, I also calibrated the tire size and set the transmission shift settings to +3 for all gears. I increased the spark by 1.0 since I'm running 93 octane. I also went and bought a K&N filter and installed it. The truck runs great and the Gryphon does show a little 3 in the upper right corner. However, I still don't notice much of an increase in performance. I may be able to tell a glimmer of a change but certainly not like most others have described.

More details about my truck:

2006 F150 scab 4x4
4.6 v8 at
33x12.50-17
magnaflow SI/SO exhaust
K&N air filter

HEX code: TEGE2GA

Thanks for the help!
Old Sun, February 15th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

johnnyd will become famous soon enough

Strange, you should be able to tell a huge difference

Did you buy your truck used? If yes then it is possible that the truck was already tuned. If it was then you probably wouldn't notice a huge difference. Just a thought.
Old Sun, February 15th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Whopper

No I bought it new. Yeah I agree, with all of the comments I had read I really expected tyo be able to notice a difference of some sort.
Old Sun, February 15th, 2009, 10:34 AM
PHP Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
No I bought it new. Yeah I agree, with all of the comments I had read I really expected tyo be able to notice a difference of some sort.
I'll be interested in finding out what Bill tells you when you talk to him.

- Jack