Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > Latest News

Latest News Stay up to date with what's going on.

Closed Thread

Old Fri, December 5th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light
TONS OF NEW SMILIES

Hi there,

Bill and I have been in search of all the coolest smilies we can find, and boy, have we found a lot of em!

Check back often to see what's been added, and please bear with me while I try to get them uploaded, categorized, alphabetized... You get the picture. We're working hard to make this the coolest and most user-friendly forum on the internet!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Sat, December 6th, 2008, 06:12 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick View Post
Hi there,

Bill and I have been in search of all the coolest smilies we can find, and boy, have we found a lot of em!

Check back often to see what's been added, and please bear with me while I try to get them uploaded, categorized, alphabetized... You get the picture. We're working hard to make this the coolest and most user-friendly forum on the internet!
Dang! I'm already spending WAY too much time searching through them all searching for "just the right one"!

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sat, December 6th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Double Whopper

CHARGED97 is on a distinguished road

Those smileys are awsome ......
Old Sat, December 6th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

We now have over 1,500 smilies to choose from...

Oh no! I just realized I moved your little old geezer guy, Jack -- he's in Miscellaneous Smilies.

We broke them down into subcategories, so we hope it helps! We're going to break the "Miscellaneous Smilies" down into "No Smilies," "One Smilie," and "Two or More Smilies" to help.

BTW, is it taking forever for the box to open up when you click the [More] link? That's our only concern

Oh! And if anyone wants to use one of our smilies on another forum, use this link and replace "smiliename" with whatever the code for the smilie is on our forum (If you're confused, tell me, and I'll explain it another way):

Code:
http://forums.phptune.com/images/smilies/smiliename.gif
I have found myself less than happy with the smilie assortments on other forums lately because they don't have what I want!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Sun, December 7th, 2008, 09:31 AM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

The new tab opens right away for me, using Firefox. The individual smiley pictures take some time to load though.

I don't suppose it would be possible to "sort" these things alphabetically, would it? It DID take a fair amount of time to locate the one I was looking for (but maybe that's just cause I'm old)!

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, December 12th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Hey Jack,

I actually put the names of all three-hundred-something miscellaneous smilies into Excel so that I could alphabetize them and only THEN realized that there was a better way!

Miscellaneous smilies were broken up into categories first:
  • One Smiley
  • Two or More Smilies
  • Miscellaneous - No Smilies

Then I tried to group them into like smilies within each category (all the old fart smilies , smilies in bed, groovy smilies, etc.).

I still need to move some smilies around within categories -- for example, I still have to organize all the flags.

If anyone finds a smiley that's obviously out of place, please let me know, and I'll put it where it belongs!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, December 12th, 2008, 02:37 PM
PHP Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick View Post
Hey Jack,

I actually put the names of all three-hundred-something miscellaneous smilies into Excel so that I could alphabetize them and only THEN realized that there was a better way!

Miscellaneous smilies were broken up into categories first:
  • One Smiley
  • Two or More Smilies
  • Miscellaneous - No Smilies

Then I tried to group them into like smilies within each category (all the old fart smilies , smilies in bed, groovy smilies, etc.).

I still need to move some smilies around within categories -- for example, I still have to organize all the flags.

If anyone finds a smiley that's obviously out of place, please let me know, and I'll put it where it belongs!
I like how you talk about the ones that apply to me, first. Makes me feel "special".

- Jack
Old Fri, December 12th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

johnnyd will become famous soon enough

Holy cow! I guess you did add a few more smilies:omg:

It's taking awhile for the window to open up for me too.
Old Sun, December 14th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

It looks like I'm going to have to remove some... the question is WHICH ONES? I already have some ideas, but it's like having to choose among friends.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Closed Thread