Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the Power Hungry Performance Forum. We're glad that you're here! Start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself!

PLEASE POST TECHNICAL and/or SUPPORT QUESTIONS in the APPROPRIATE SECTION of the FORUM

Old Thu, May 12th, 2022, 10:12 PM
Whopper Junior

Cfcristianm is on a distinguished road
Help New on everything

Hello, i just recently bought a Evolution CTS Edge tuner.. first time i have a tuner… so i really need some advice and educations regarding this.. also just read that if i buy it from someone need to be put back on stock mode.. not sire what that is… this tuner was on a same truck as mine.. 2014 f150 5.0… i still dont have the tuner .. ill get it next week around Thursday… so any help and advice would be really appreciated.
Thanks

PD he told me that he had a tune already for his truck on the tuner
Old Fri, May 13th, 2022, 11:30 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

If you have bought the tuner from someone who has used it to change the tune in his truck from stock to something else, and who has NOT used it to restore the stock tune to his truck, it will NOT work for you until it has been "reset". This is not something you can do, the tuner is essentially "locked", and is married to his truck.

But, Bill can unlock the tuner, once you have it for a reasonable fee. I'll let him tell you what the cost will be, since I don't know what it is now. Once it's unlocked, you can use it on your truck.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, May 13th, 2022, 03:24 PM
Whopper Junior

Thank you very much for your answer.. How can i contact Bill once i have the tuner?
Thanks in advance
Old Fri, May 13th, 2022, 04:22 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

If you scroll to the bottom of this forum, you should see a "Contact Us" link. But I suspect Bill will see your thread and respond to you in it.

If neither of those work, this is a link to their webpage: https://gopowerhungry.com/

Bill is a great guy, who will not try to sell you anything you don't need or want. I've known him for many years now, and highly recommend his services.

- Jack
Old Fri, May 13th, 2022, 04:51 PM
Whopper Junior

Thank you very much Jack… ill try contact him once i get hands on the tuner..
Thanks again
Old Tue, May 17th, 2022, 08:29 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfcristianm View Post
Thank you very much Jack… ill try contact him once i get hands on the tuner..
Thanks again
Just give our office a shout once you have the tuner in hand. The cost to unlock is $75.00.

Thanks!

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!