Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Upgrade your Evo

Upgrade your Evo Upgrade your Edge Evolution to a Gryphon Programmer to allow for custom tuning and additional functionality.

Due to issues with the cable failures due to incompatible versions of firmware, we do not offer upgrades
or tuning for the 1997-2003 F-Series gas or 7.3L diesel trucks. We recommend using another platform.

Old Tue, October 26th, 2010, 11:56 PM
Whopper Junior

Ford62B is on a distinguished road
Default F350 6.0L: Edge CS to Gryphon CS...????

Hello- and thank you to nayone who can help me out on this!!

I am looking to upgrade an EDGE Evolution CS to a Gryphon CS; is this possible? Also, what is a ballpark estimate for sending it in, having it converted, and for four custom high-modification tunes? I am in Afghanistan right now and am looking to mail it in when I am home on leave... that way I have a nice toy to play with when I come home for good!!

Thank you for your help!!

PS: I also have a question in the "2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion" section about the EPB strategy with custom tunes- if anyone can shed some light on that I would be very grateful!!
Old Thu, October 28th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

Upgrade from a Evolution CS/CTS to Gryphon CS/CTS, certainly possible, sending in not needed. Custom tunes are $30 per calibration, or vehicles with heavy mods(modified injectors, HPOP, etc.) are $60 per calibration. Calibrations will be put online for you to upload to your CS. There may be a $50 charge to put them on the server if you purchased your CS from another vendor(if my interpretation is right). See below.

From the PHP website:
"UPGRADING YOUR EVOLUTION CS / EVOLUTION CTS to a GRYPHON CS / GRYPHON CTS
You do NOT need to send your Evo CS or Evo CTS to us to be upgraded. When your custom tunes are completed, you will be able to download them directly to your programmer using Edge's Fusion software.

If you currently own a Gryphon with custom tunes and purchase a CS or CTS from PHP, we will load your custom tunes onto your new programmer at no charge.

If you currently own a Gryphon with custom tunes and purchase a CS or CTS from another vendor, we will upload your custom tunes to Edge's Fusion software for a $50 charge."

Thank you for your service abroad!