Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, April 25th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Haulin' *** since '91

iHellFire is on a distinguished road
Default Screen fading?

I have noticed, and its become more frequent, when I start the truck and my Gryphon initializes....the contrast on the screen like faded and almost gone! I go to the display settings and I can knock the contrast up one or down one and it instantly becomes readable but then like 3 seconds later its goes back to a very faded screen...anyone else have these problems?
Old Thu, April 26th, 2012, 09:47 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

I left a note for Corey....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, April 26th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Whopper Junior

morgan92798 is on a distinguished road

I experienced the exact same thing. It worked fine the first week I had it back in March. I could go in and bump the contrast up or down 1 and by the time it got back to the main display, it wasn't readable anymore. I think I initially had my contrast around 40 when this was occurring. When I set the contrast really high, like 70, it looks bad on the "contrast setting" form but the main display is back to around what 40 used to look like. Since I can read it now, I never bothered reporting it to anyone.
Old Thu, April 26th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Haulin' *** since '91

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
I left a note for Corey....
Thank you sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan92798 View Post
I experienced the exact same thing. It worked fine the first week I had it back in March. I could go in and bump the contrast up or down 1 and by the time it got back to the main display, it wasn't readable anymore. I think I initially had my contrast around 40 when this was occurring. When I set the contrast really high, like 70, it looks bad on the "contrast setting" form but the main display is back to around what 40 used to look like. Since I can read it now, I never bothered reporting it to anyone.
Exactly same problem...to the T.
Old Fri, April 27th, 2012, 12:35 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

The problem is usually related to the thermistor on the board that senses temperature change and auto adjusts the contrast, to some degree anyway. If you're not able to get the contrast to stabilize, let me know and we'll get you an RMA# and have you send the unit in for replacement. You're close to the 1 Yr. mark, so if you're going to send it in please do it soon.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Mon, April 30th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Haulin' *** since '91

It started doing it again today....may I please go ahead and request an RMA?
Old Tue, May 1st, 2012, 01:01 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

RMA #30826

Please use this form and include in the box with the programmer.

http://fs21.formsite.com/Power_Hungr...796/index.html

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Tue, May 1st, 2012, 08:36 AM
Haulin' *** since '91

Thanks Bill!