Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, August 3rd, 2011, 10:18 PM
Whopper

chromedom is on a distinguished road
Default N/A on trans temp

Got my Gryphon and updated it on Pegasus. With the Evo I always monitored the voltage, TCT, EOT, and ECT. Since the upgrade I can no longer see the trans temp???? Also noticing that the Gryphon freezes up when attaching it to the truck for the first time and before any programming is done. Cycle power off than on and the display comes on after acknowledging the warnings. I did unplug and plug back in the programmer, and reloaded the prior firmware update to see if it made a difference, no change. Any ideas?

Have no problem going to a box performance tune.

Thanks in advance,

Dave
Old Thu, August 4th, 2011, 09:23 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

First: Return the truck to stock.

Second: Run Pegasus, go to [Updates] and then select [Custom File Download (Internet)]. This will download a corrected firmware that will fix the TFT issue.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, August 5th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Whopper

Hey Bill,

got An "Internet Error Encounter" I'll double check the firewall and try a couple things.

Keeping you updated.

dave
Old Sat, August 6th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Whopper

No luck, any other things I can try????

Dave
Old Fri, May 11th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Whopper

Pluged in the Gryphon into the computer (Pegasus) and said an update is available. So I did. Now looking at the website I see that I souldn't have done this. Now lost the trans temp on the display again and was wondering if the custom tue is gone. Let me know what I have to do to get this back. Thanks

Dave Vasser
Old Fri, May 11th, 2012, 12:21 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Dave - the custom tune should still be there, since you use Pegasus.

With your truck's tune reset to stock, plug the programmer back into Pegasus and click on [Updates] -> [Custom File Download (Internet)]. This should restore your custom tunes and the fix that Bill created.

Make sure your ignition key is ON (engine off) before you plug the Gryphon back into the truck.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sat, May 12th, 2012, 05:49 AM
Whopper

Hello Jack,

Tried that, got An "Internet Error Encountered". fire walls were off/ internet has great connection. Had this problem before. got both windows xp and windows 7, both with same result????

Any ideas????

Dave
Old Sat, May 12th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Whopper

Even droped the firmware back a revision. No Luck.
Old Sat, May 12th, 2012, 04:41 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromedom View Post
Hello Jack,

Tried that, got An "Internet Error Encountered". fire walls were off/ internet has great connection. Had this problem before. got both windows xp and windows 7, both with same result????

Any ideas????

Dave
Dave, we've seen this in the past. It COULD be that for some reason your copy of Pegasus or your computers are not looking up the server ID properly. There is an option to enter the server ID directly though in Pegasus and it's in [Options]->[Alternate Server ID]. This will open a window where you can enter an alternate address: 70.88.177.206, replacing the 0.0.0.0 "default address" you see there. Hit the "Save" button when you are finished and then re-try the [Updates]->[Custom File Download (Internet)] again.

- Jack