Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Upgrade your Evo

Upgrade your Evo Upgrade your Edge Evolution to a Gryphon Programmer to allow for custom tuning and additional functionality.

Due to issues with the cable failures due to incompatible versions of firmware, we do not offer upgrades
or tuning for the 1997-2003 F-Series gas or 7.3L diesel trucks. We recommend using another platform.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Tue, May 18th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Whopper Junior

Evil150 is on a distinguished road
Default My Evo screen went blank but I want custom tunes

Ok so I bought my Edge Evo for my 05 F150 5.4 Scab about 6 months ago from some guy on Craigslist. I watched him put his truck to stock, programmed mine and it worked like a charm for 2 or 3 months. Then sometimes when I would turn on my truck the backlight would stay on but I couldn't read anything. I would unplug it and turn on/off the truck and most of the time that would work. NOW it's been blank for over a month and wont turn off (the backlight) when i turn off my truck. I can't get it to show any part of the black writing on screen, still the backlight will show up when i plug it in. Here is what I have tried:

Unplugging the back of Evo and back in (nothing)
Unplugging and replugging the OBD port (nothing)
Disconnecting the battery overnight. (still nothing)
Bought a brand new yellow top optima (still nothing)

The thing is I want to send it in for custom tunes but I can't program my truck back to stock, I am stuck on level 3. Can this be fixed? Can I send it into Edge even though I'm not the original owner? Am I screwed?

Thank you so much for your time. I tried searching and read a few threads like this but didn't quite get a complete answer.