Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Upgrade your Evo

Upgrade your Evo Upgrade your Edge Evolution to a Gryphon Programmer to allow for custom tuning and additional functionality.

Due to issues with the cable failures due to incompatible versions of firmware, we do not offer upgrades
or tuning for the 1997-2003 F-Series gas or 7.3L diesel trucks. We recommend using another platform.

Old Wed, April 8th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Double Whopper

NHRA6002 is on a distinguished road
Forgot to mention that our local auto parts store here in BC has there EDGE products on sale (trade show). Pick up mine for $444.99 CND ( about $370 USD) part # 15003
Old Thu, April 9th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA6002 View Post
Just go to powerstroke.org and put up a post that you have a stock 6.0L (03-07) and you are thinking of getting an edge programmer for it and see the response.

The question about the reflash is that the dealer just replaced the FICM and now I am getting about 10-12MPG so if I get it reflashed by Bill and I have to take the truck in for other work will they be able to tell if it is other than stock.
I know what you're talking about; I've seen the posts -- and posted in threads! -- about the Evo and transmissions.

Just a quick note here about Edge and transmissions. (What a great example of my lemming quote!) Edge has had some problems with the Juice and transmissions but not the Evo. I think what has happened is that a handful (of the tens of thousands -- probably hundreds of thousands -- of people who have Evos) had transmission issues (unrelated to their programmers) and posted about them. You guys all know how that is on the forums. Soon, two or three original posts about some people having transmission issues that they've decided to attribute to the Evo become Forum Fact! And every lemming jumps on the bandwagon and perpetuates the stories (may even change them up a bit!) even when THEY'VE never even owned a product by Edge.

I will give you an example of something that has happened to us with one of our customers to show you how it can happen. Several months ago, we received a phone call from a very distressed customer (honestly, I have no idea at the point who it was) because something was not working right in his truck. Though he'd had his programmer for months with no problems, he immediately attributed it to the Gryphon. He was sure about it. Turns out, it was actually an issue with his battery. It had 0% to do with his programmer, but it just goes to show you that consumers are very willing to place blame in the wrong place. Can you imagine if he'd posted it on F150online? How many people do you think would believe us if we went on and posted that it wasn't true vs. the number of people who would now have it in their heads and be willing to post about how the Gryphon is screwing up F-150 electrical systems? Lemmings.

When Bill was at Edge, he was responsible for the Ford tuning -- still is, in fact, through a subcontract deal. Anyway, I don't believe he actually did the original tuning on the 6.0L, but don't you think that HE -- above anyone else! -- would have heard about a transmission issue? It would have been HIS job to fix it!

I am 100% confident that the Forum Fact about Evos ruining transmissions is actually a myth perpetuated by lemmings who just want to sound like they actually KNOW something on the forums.

As far as your FICM goes, we put a message on our homepage letting everyone know that Ford is coming out with an update that will fix an issue they seem to be having with the inductive heat strategy. Turns out that their fix for cold start issues is actually killing FICMs (No, it must be the programmers! ). They expect to release it in about 2-3 weeks, and Bill will need 1-2 weeks to incorporate our hybrid strategy into their new update, so we're not programming FICMs until about mid-May. Our FICM program should take care of that crappy mileage situation you're having. Will anyone be able to tell? I'll have to find out from Billy. Sorry, I can give you information about your PCM, but I'm not sure about the FICM.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019