Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Sat, May 8th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Tuner wannabe

DZL JIM is on a distinguished road
Default Adjusting drive thru tune

I ran the DP Tuner drive thru and although it's realllly quiet it emits lots of obnoxious smoke.
The PHP drive thru is much nicer, not as quiet but not as much smoke either.

I'd like to adjust my PHP drive thru to see if I can get it a little quieter. Just because, to see if I can.

Any tips how this might be done?

Thanks.
Old Sat, May 8th, 2010, 07:19 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

There are a couple of ways, Jim.

The smoke you are talking about would be unburned fuel because the start of combustion is occuring way too late. This is one reason the tune is quiet. Unfortunately, you found the drawback to combustion that occurs way too late....white smoke.

Retarding the SOI will do it.
Lowering the ICP will help.
Lowering the RPM will help.

Personally, at my elevation of 4200 ft., the high-altitude SOI map is what I use. This way, the SOI can be backed-off under idle operating conditions and still remain driveable with no adverse affects. However, the amount of "quiet idle"-type customers in my area is nearly nonexistent (like loping idle tunes) so I never have a reason to do them.

My experience tells me that you will run into the same smoking problem when modifying Bill's Whisper Mode tune if you try to make it much quieter. It's just the nature of the beast so-to-speak.
Old Sat, May 8th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Tuner wannabe

DZL JIM is on a distinguished road

I know it will smoke more. I just want to play with it as one more thing to figure out, that's all.
Maybe I will have 2 drive-thru tunes, one really quiet for the 80 yr old lady's at McD's, and the regular PHP drive-thru for the younger chicks at the bank.

Thanks!