Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Sun, January 23rd, 2011, 09:33 PM
Stock Sucks!

TwinTurbo is on a distinguished road
Default Custom Tuning Info

Hello to all,

First I wanna say how much I appreciate finding this site. Reading through previous posts, it is so nice to see all the help and support everybody offers, even when you disagree with each other, everyone is civil and respects each others opinions. I have been on some other forums where that is not the case.

Second, I am a diesel mechanic, but I have worked in the agricultural market since I got out of school and there just wasn't the electronics on the engines back then like there is now so I never got much training on that aspect. I have always wanted to learn more about computer programing and tuning in vehicle applications and was wondering if anyone could recommend some reading material on the subject, I intend to purchase the Minotaur software at some point but want a deeper understanding of it before I do. (right now i know just enough to make me dangerous ) Does the Minotaur manual provide any clues to the how and why behind the numbers or is it just about running the program? Thanks.

'95 F-250 Powerstroke, 350,000 Miles, Mods: Phoenix chip, 140V IDM, Diamond Eye DP to 4" straight pipe, CCV mod, Amsoil synthetics throughout.
'04 F-350, XLT Lariat, Powerstroke, CC, Dually, SS exhaust, AirRaid intake and filter, Edge Evolution, PHP FICM programmer.
Old Tue, January 25th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

Well, I haven't looked through the manual in a while, but it covers mostly how to operate the software, burner, chip. There are some specifics, but mostly a simplified explaination of how the PCM calculates load and a few other things. You'll get the basic tunes so you have some idea of what's been done. HEUI is something you'll definitely want to read up on though. The greatest assest for reference is this forum right here. There are 7 pages of threads to read through with quite a bit of information.