Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2009 to 2014 F-150

2009 to 2014 F-150 3.5L, 3.7L, 4.6L, 5.0L, 5.4L, and 6.2L equipped F-150s

Old Wed, March 2nd, 2011, 04:17 AM
Bacon King

svt2205 is on a distinguished road
Default Gryphon and a 2011 F150 or SD

This is a dumb question, but I want to know what the answer is.

I'm about to trade in my 07 F150 and am trying to figure out what to do with my Gryphon. I'm going to return the truck to stock before I hand over the title. But what I'm curious about is will the Gryphon offer any opportunties with my new truck. I'm probably going to buy another F150 but I've also been considering upgrading to a F350.

Now, I believe my Gryphon is not able to be used to tune whatever my new truck is. But would it still function as an extra set of gauges or is it just not capable of communicating with the new trucks PCM?

Since I'm buying a new truck, I certainly wont have funds to upgrade to a new programmer.

Let me know what you all think.
Old Sat, March 5th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Bacon King

Well the 07 was traded in today. I now have a nice new 11 F150 FX4. Time to sell the Gryphon.
Old Tue, March 15th, 2011, 11:19 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

You certainly could not use the old Gryphon on the new truck. Could you have left the Gryphon in the truck and sold it that way for more money? (Probably not at a dealership, but in a private sale, I'd think this would be a selling advantage.)

Hopefully, you DID return the truck to stock before selling it? Use Pegasus and the Gryphon Update Manager to restore the canned tunes to the Gryphon.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, March 16th, 2011, 04:00 AM
Bacon King

Hopefully the new owner of my Gryphon will have good luck with it. I did return the truck to stock and ran the updates to clear the custom tunes for the canned tunes. I think he'll be all set.

I wasn't patient enough for a private sale. I did run the truck on craigslist but didn't get any real replies. Just time wasters that site is known for.

Thanks
Old Sat, July 9th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Bacon King

I've not stopped by here in a while. I was wondering, is there any plan for PHP to support the 2011's? I sure miss the improvements the Gryphon and Bill's handy work gave me 07. The 11 needs some magic too.
Old Sat, July 9th, 2011, 07:21 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Just going to have to wait for edge to catch up......sct is there already and that's always an option.....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Sat, July 9th, 2011, 09:35 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Just going to have to wait for edge to catch up......sct is there already and that's always an option.....
And Bill can write tunes for the SCT device.

- Jack
Old Thu, July 14th, 2011, 03:39 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

We support the 2009-2011 F150s on the CS and CTS, just not on the original Gryphon platform.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, July 15th, 2011, 03:27 AM
Gryphon CTS

shotgun will become famous soon enough

But the CS and CTS don't support the transmission control module (yet), right Bill?

Any word on when?

Factory manuals here: http://www.motorcraftservice.com
Old Fri, July 15th, 2011, 11:13 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

The support for the TCM is finished and in final testing. No specific date, but I got the impression it would be available in the next few days.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!