Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, March 25th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Whopper

kennyd is on a distinguished road
Default Questions before ordering

Good morning ,Ihave been enjoying the benefits of the available knowledge on this forum and now thanks to the good folks of php for adding the incentive of a sale on their product I am going to order a tuner , but have a few questions I am sure can be answered by the community of members. My vehicle is 2008 f150 4x4 reg. cab short bed, 4.6 a/t , used as daily driver around 70 miles a day , no towing ,some hauling -tools, canoe, dead deer , some offroad. Right now just stock ,but cat back exhaust and gotts mod in next few weeks.As a daily driver I would like improved mileage ,but also more power would be nice , if I drive decently I can get around 18mpg ,can it get better with a tuner. Do I need custom tunes or canned and if custom then what?
Thanks in advance.
Kenny
Old Thu, March 25th, 2010, 11:27 AM
texas offroading

cody994x4 is on a distinguished road

kenny...you wont be dissapointed when you order a gryphon. besides all the info. it provides, you can customize gear ratio/tire size if you were to ever go bigger than stock tires, this corrects speedo/odo. and YES you can improve mileage...by abt 1 mpg, 18 is pretty good though. you might be getting 20-21mpg after gotts/exhaust/tuner

with a cat back exhaust and gotts mod i would say you will need at least 2 custom tunes(perfect for the buy one/get one deal) 87perf/economy and 93perf. and maybe do all 3 to take full advantage of your exhaust.
Old Thu, March 25th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyd View Post
Good morning ,Ihave been enjoying the benefits of the available knowledge on this forum and now thanks to the good folks of php for adding the incentive of a sale on their product I am going to order a tuner , but have a few questions I am sure can be answered by the community of members. My vehicle is 2008 f150 4x4 reg. cab short bed, 4.6 a/t , used as daily driver around 70 miles a day , no towing ,some hauling -tools, canoe, dead deer , some offroad. Right now just stock ,but cat back exhaust and gotts mod in next few weeks.As a daily driver I would like improved mileage ,but also more power would be nice , if I drive decently I can get around 18mpg ,can it get better with a tuner. Do I need custom tunes or canned and if custom then what?
Thanks in advance.
Kenny
The main difference between the economy tune and the performance tune is where the shift points are. An economy tune is going to have slightly lower shift points than the performance. As for the gotts mod you do not need a custom tune because it does not have any impact on the MAF sensor's readings. You also will not need a custom tune for a cat back exhaust because the cats are the area with the most air restriction. You can get along good with the canned tunes but the customs are worth the price. You will see a good jump in performance between stock and any of the canned tunes. The custom tunes are a polished version of the canned that really make things better. Mileage is hard to predict but my '08 4.6 gets up to 1 or 2 mpg extra in the city and a little more than that on the highway.