Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, April 6th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

If you aren't sure about the datalog feature this should help out...
http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/attac...g-write-up.pdf
Old Wed, April 7th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Whopper

tadams11201 is on a distinguished road
Default COnnection

Ok. I will try to get a data log but now when I connect, I am getting this error message...

Unable to determine Gryphon Model.
The Gryhpon may be in 'Run' mode, is currently set as stock writer,or memory is corrupted.

I reset back to stock before trying the updates. It still wouldnt update what it stated I needed unless I did both updates. So, updated both, then downloaded custom tunes again...
Old Wed, April 7th, 2010, 10:19 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Humor an old man -

It sounds like you successfully updated both the firmware AND the calibrations on your Gryphon through Pegasus, right? And THEN, you successfully downloaded and reinstalled your custom tunes through Pegasus, right?

But now, when you connect the Gryphon to your truck, it gives you an "unable to determine Gryphon model" error message? This is most puzzling, because this error is normally only seen in Pegasus when connecting to the PC, and I can't for the life of me figure out why you'd still be mucking around with the PC, since you've done successful updates.

If you ARE seeing this message on the Gryphon's screen when connecting to the truck, you DID have the ignition key in the ON position before connecting the Gryphon, right?

If nothing I say is helping, it sounds like you will have to get Bill's help on this. I'm out of ideas.

- Jack
Old Wed, April 7th, 2010, 10:21 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Interesting issues you have.
"You may see this error in Pegasus when connecting the Gryphon to your PC to download custom tunes. You should still be able to use the [Targeted Functions] menu option in spite of this error. As long as the firmware hasn't been damaged during an update causing the serial number to be lost, Targeted Functions can usually recover the unit.
If this is not possible, contact PHP for assistance."

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, April 7th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Whopper

Default Update

I was prob unclear as to what happened. When it asked to reconnect... once reconnected.. this is when the error appeared. I do not get the option of hitting the 'ok' that is prompted for after a reconnect do to the error. When I go to the update for custom tunes, this option is still available.. I dont think it is finishing the update.
Old Wed, April 7th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Whopper

Default Pegasus

Yes, this is when I am trying to reconnect AFTER the download as instructed to from the prompt in Pegasus. I reconnect and get this error. So, after reconnect to Pegasus, I cannot do the ok to finish the custom download.
Old Wed, April 7th, 2010, 10:35 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

No, this seems to be a bit of a "bug" (or a misleading instruction), I think. I'm quite sure your tunes ARE downloaded and you can just take the Gryphon back out to your truck and plug it in.

If you see your hex code when you do so, you should be fine.

One more thing, the old "Targeted Functions" menu option that 88Racing was talking about is now called "Custom File Download". (I'll change our list of "fixes", 88).

- Jack
Old Wed, April 7th, 2010, 10:43 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

I keep forgetting that!!!!!!!!
Good catch Jack!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, April 7th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Whopper

Default Cutom Tunes Download

Thanks so much for the support. I will try to upload the tunes to the truck when leave this afternoon and see if they are in the Gryphon. I didn't get this error message the first time I downloaded my tunes in November so I was a little concerned. If tunes are in, I will run the data log that is requested and get that too ya. Honestly, I so appreciate the help. Like I stated, my dealerships are lost without the truck computer throwing codes.
Old Fri, April 9th, 2010, 05:47 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Tim,

I have you on my call list for Saturday. Is there a time that would work better for you? Let me know so I can get my call schedule lined up.

Thanks.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!