Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Fri, February 6th, 2009, 09:40 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun View Post
A dirty engine compartment drives me nuts too. In fact I was going to take it to the car wash this weekend and get rid of the road salt we had this week. So if I understand right, all I should do with my '08 is a little Simple Green and the regular hose and only below the level of the heads, then use my compressor to blow as much of the water out as possible, right?
That might work fine Cajun - I also remember, now that I think about it, that somebody else in the f150 forums recommended using a yard blower (like I do to clean PCs) to blow the plug wells out and dry things off.

Another cleaning product I remember now that someone uses is "Spray-n-Wash" (the stuff you spray on clothes before you put them in the washer to get rid of stains). A picture of his engine compartment looked squeaky clean.

The owners manual only says to be careful with water around the intake tube. I wonder if it's possible to force some in to the filter box through the crack where the tube joins it?

- Jack
Old Fri, February 6th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Takin the low road.....

Cajun is on a distinguished road

Thanks Jack.

QueenCityBashers.com
South Central NC RC Bashers
Old Fri, February 6th, 2009, 05:34 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Just painted my hose clamp! Can't wait till it dries so I can put it back on and see how much better my CAI performs!

- Jack

Last edited by Jackpine; Fri, February 6th, 2009 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Had to change the last word to better convey the message.
Old Fri, February 6th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Not a Whopper

kd4crs is on a distinguished road

That and a PHP sticker on your back window will add at least 35 more horsepower to your truck!
Old Tue, February 10th, 2009, 02:25 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light
Default Good job!

Great ideas everyone shure beets the price of a cai!
Jack,
Might stop at a hardware store or plumbing wholesale house and get some ideas Friday or this week end of what could go into the fender well hole that would not interfear with the inner diameter of the hole and does not have to remove the lip, but can be easily be removed. I will post it if I find something.

-Lars
Forgive the spelling, life on a blackberry!
Old Tue, February 10th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Member in Sin

SinCityFX4 is on a distinguished road

You could use those thick coupler pieces and cut a line around the
Outer edge so it seats in the fender well.
Old Tue, February 10th, 2009, 03:38 PM
PHP Groupie

I've seen flex metal tubing that looks pretty similar to what AgentOrange used in Ace Hardware and Home Depot. He said it required NO fender modification. I've seen flex PVC online in pool supply sources, but I have yet to find it in a "brick and mortar" store. Plumbing wholesale might be a good source, Lars.

SinCity, I don't think I understand what you are proposing. I doubt any of the couplers I've seen are long enough to get into the outer fender well, and, It's not clear to me how you are cutting it?

- Jack
Old Tue, February 10th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Member in Sin

SinCityFX4 is on a distinguished road

Well, I was thinking about a setup like MArk has on his then using a regular coupler like the 1st pic and then using a razor knife to cut a lip in in it so it seats. Or using something like the second pic on the bottom if I can find the right piece.

I am using my old intake and trying to make one for my neighbor who cannot use his hands very well (stroke). He does not want to cut or hurt his truck so I am using mine to make it and try and find a way so I dont alter his truck other than the intake from mine. You guys have given me a ton of ideas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UnionCoupling.jpg (13.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Pipe-coupler-ick.jpg (11.8 KB, 27 views)
Old Tue, February 10th, 2009, 04:35 PM
PHP Groupie

OK, take pictures of what you come up with!

- Jack
Old Tue, February 10th, 2009, 04:40 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

I think I might know where sincity is going with this correct me if I am wrong. Take a no hub coupler like Jack has left over and make sure it has the same ID as the pipe or am I thinking wrong? I know they make a 3x2.5" reducer coupler(problem with this one it has a rib where the 2 pipes meet) or like the 3" one Jack used. Or take the 3" coupler and try that in there also? Is it long enough or will the sides kink in and cause less air flow/turbulance?

-Lars

Tags
dwv intake mod