Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Thu, May 13th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Ford_1997

ford_1997 is on a distinguished road
Default Questions concerning Minotaur

1) If I already have a TS Performance 4 position chip with someone else's calibrations, will the Minotaur read these calibrations from my current TS chip? If so, can I edit them and write them back?

2) Do the standard calibrations that come with the package include tow calibrations? Can you list the calibrations that you would get for PCM calibration code TDE1?

3) Would the standard calibrations be fine for my truck modifications, or would you recommend custom tunes? 1997 F250 7.3L Powerstroke, BTS Auto transmission, Baby Swamp injectors, Banks down pipe, Banks exhaust, Banks intercooler, Dominator 66 turbo, HPX crossover Oil Hose, Tymar intake, lost Kitty, EGT/Boost/Trans Temp. gauges.....dang, have I really done all this?

To be quite honest, I don't think I would monkey with the calibrations that come with the package much, other than hopefully get the transmission to shift where I want it. I am looking for a couple good tow tunes and the other for some fun without huge smoke.

Thanks for any replies.
Old Thu, May 13th, 2010, 02:13 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford_1997 View Post
1) If I already have a TS Performance 4 position chip with someone else's calibrations, will the Minotaur read these calibrations from my current TS chip? If so, can I edit them and write them back? No, the software WILL NOT allow you to read or write to your existing chip. This is to protect individual tuners' copyrights.

2) Do the standard calibrations that come with the package include tow calibrations? Can you list the calibrations that you would get for PCM calibration code TDE1? You will get the standard calibrations available for your truck. For example, 25HP tow, 40 HP tow, 80 DD, etc.

3) Would the standard calibrations be fine for my truck modifications, or would you recommend custom tunes? 1997 F250 7.3L Powerstroke, BTS Auto transmission, Baby Swamp injectors, Banks down pipe, Banks exhaust, Banks intercooler, Dominator 66 turbo, HPX crossover Oil Hose, Tymar intake, lost Kitty, EGT/Boost/Trans Temp. gauges.....dang, have I really done all this?Your injectors will unfortunately put you out of the running for standard calibrations and if you wanted some to start out with, you'd be looking at an additional cost to have some written for you.

To be quite honest, I don't think I would monkey with the calibrations that come with the package much, other than hopefully get the transmission to shift where I want it. I am looking for a couple good tow tunes and the other for some fun without huge smoke.

Thanks for any replies.
See replies in RED.
Old Thu, May 13th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Ford_1997

1) I can understand that.

2) Good, tow cal's are included.

3) D'oh! OK, so I'm now assuming all standard cal's are for stock injectors only? Pulse width, etc, would be only for standard injectors and would not be correct for Baby Swamps?

This would also exclude me from F.U. and the F.U.2 products and I must get custom cal's for those products also if I go that route? If so, whats the cost for custom cals on F.U.? F.U.2? Minotaur?

Thanks again!
Old Thu, May 13th, 2010, 03:23 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Custom calibrations are $60 each. Yes, you would be correct in saying that the Phoenix, FU2, and Minotaur calibrations would be the same cost. The FU doesn't apply to you due to the Babies.

The pulsewidth, injection control pressure, and start of injection is vastly different from your stock injectors.
Old Fri, May 14th, 2010, 12:14 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

the injector pulsewidths are shorter for upgraded injectors as they can flow a lot more fuel in the same amount of time... stock tuning would dump way too much fuel into the engine... I think big oil would be a good addition too based on your mods... allows more from the tunes. there is a post from Bill Here. post 4 has some graphs that give a good example of how bigger oil helps
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Fri, May 14th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Double Whopper

Shaw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
there is a post from Bill Here. post 4 has some graphs that give a good example of how bigger oil helps
hmm, Southpaw, I think you might have the wrong link?
Old Sat, May 15th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

That link isn't quite what I was expecting, I'm guessing you meant to link to this thread southpaw.

http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/1999-2003-7-3l-power-stroke-diesel/2571-adrenaline-overdrive-overkill-i-think-not.html
Old Mon, May 17th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Ford_1997

Great, thanks for the link - good info.

I see what you mean about pulse width, shorter time because of larger nozzle.

I think Cody (and all) may be confused about my injectors....or maybe I'm the one that's confused!!!

To my knowledge, "Baby Swamps" have the same nozzle as stock, just modified to flow more fuel (piston ground to make a larger chamber). Agrees with what I was told that, remove chip and it should run as "stock" did. Assuming all this is correct, the pulse width would have to be widened at heavy trottle to flow the extra volume of fuel. Otherwise, I wouldn't shorten the pulse width anywhere. Correct??

As far as big OIL goes, I have one other mod that I'm sure would NOT qualify as "big", but if I remember correctly, it was found a super duty HPOP pump would perform better than the OBS one with higher demand. Some OBS ones would flow OK with mods, others wouldn't. I had mine change to the super duty one.