Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Upgrade your Evo

Upgrade your Evo Upgrade your Edge Evolution to a Gryphon Programmer to allow for custom tuning and additional functionality.

Due to issues with the cable failures due to incompatible versions of firmware, we do not offer upgrades
or tuning for the 1997-2003 F-Series gas or 7.3L diesel trucks. We recommend using another platform.

Old Thu, March 3rd, 2011, 09:05 AM
Whopper Junior

freebird is on a distinguished road
Default Do i need to Upgrade my Evo to a Gryphon to get a tune?

Hello,

Got my Evolution CS programmer yesterday. I have a 2006 F150 Fx4. With the 5.4L engine. I also have a K&N Cold air intake kit. I was advised by the people over at edge that i should come here and get a tune for my programmer that includes the K&N intake.

My question is. Do i need to upgrade my Evolution to a Gryphon just to get it tuned for the K&N. Or is there something else i can do?

Thanks alot.

-Nate
Old Fri, March 11th, 2011, 12:04 PM
we are watchmakers

randomhero34 is on a distinguished road

yes, you need to send it in to php to get reflashed so it can accept custom tunes. im not sure if it is needed just for the CAI. I know if you have a CAI and an exhaust you do need a custom tune.
Old Fri, March 11th, 2011, 06:48 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Sorry, Random, that's not right. You DO NOT send in a CS/CTS programmer for "conversion" prior to getting custom tunes. Bill can/does write the tunes for an "unconverted" one. Edge does not want the CS/CTS platform "converted".

The "send in for conversion" is for the older, 2004-2008 truck model monochrome Evolution.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, March 15th, 2011, 09:23 AM
we are watchmakers

randomhero34 is on a distinguished road

oh my bad. i thought the cs/cts had to go through the same process as the evo. I learned something new today. Sorry for giving you bad info freebird.
Old Tue, March 22nd, 2011, 01:18 PM
Whopper Junior

freebird is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Sorry, Random, that's not right. You DO NOT send in a CS/CTS programmer for "conversion" prior to getting custom tunes. Bill can/does write the tunes for an "unconverted" one. Edge does not want the CS/CTS platform "converted".

The "send in for conversion" is for the older, 2004-2008 truck model monochrome Evolution.

- Jack
Thank you very much.
They have not been too responsive via email. I assume its better just to call the number during normal business hours?
Old Fri, March 25th, 2011, 02:57 AM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird View Post
Thank you very much.
They have not been too responsive via email. I assume its better just to call the number during normal business hours?
Yes it seems to be a lot easier to get ahold of them during normal hours on the phone, but I think they are closed this week, so try on monday to get through.