Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Tue, August 2nd, 2011, 09:10 PM
Whopper Junior

sootballz is on a distinguished road
Default Bad customer service at PHP

Anyone else been strugling like have to get the tunes right on their truck. It took me 3 months to get tunes from PHP for my CTS. I ordered custom tunes because I have after market products on my motor and need the tunes built for what I have. Well I was sent the PHP canned tunes, my truck smokes like a freight train, tows super hot EGT's and I cant get anyone at PHP to help me. I just get blown off by Cody when I call. Ive emailed Bill twice and called over twenty times. Any suggestions for me to try and get throught to Bill?
Old Tue, August 2nd, 2011, 09:20 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

I'll see what I can do.

Old Tue, August 2nd, 2011, 10:04 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sootballz View Post
Anyone else been strugling like have to get the tunes right on their truck. It took me 3 months to get tunes from PHP for my CTS. I ordered custom tunes because I have after market products on my motor and need the tunes built for what I have. Well I was sent the PHP canned tunes, my truck smokes like a freight train, tows super hot EGT's and I cant get anyone at PHP to help me. I just get blown off by Cody when I call. Ive emailed Bill twice and called over twenty times. Any suggestions for me to try and get throught to Bill?
Hey buddy, this is your first post and you say you are getting, "blown off by Cody..."?

I'm sorry, I cannot put much credence in your post. If you don't like the service, feel free to vote with your feet. PHP will refund any money you've paid, once you remove their tunes.

Somehow, I think the problem is at YOUR end.

- Jack (Head Moderator on this here forum)

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, August 2nd, 2011, 10:39 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

First off, I NEVER blew you off. I did exactly what I said I'd do: I gave Bill the message that he needed to talk to you about your 6.0L tunes. If I could do anything with the CS/CTS platform, I'd be glad to try to help you. I don't tune the 6.0L trucks anyway, so I am absolutely helpless with trying to help you (which I have told you over the phone on more than one occasion).

If you want a refund, I'm sure Bill and Corey would be glad to get that taken care of. If you had any idea how many phone numbers I give Bill every day with people that I can't help (6.0L issues, programmer (CS/CTS/Gryphon) concerns, and the others that think I'm not worth their time and want to talk to Bill personally), you would be floored.

It turns out that Bill was on the phone with Edge when you were calling and I'm sorry I ignored your number, but as I have said before, I cannot help you anyway. He knows you are trying to get in touch with him and I urge you to be patient.
Old Wed, August 3rd, 2011, 02:34 PM
Whopper Junior

Default Dont get me wrong....

First of all my name is Tim not "buddy" and Im just on here asking for help. I understand Bill is very busy and has alot of irons in the fire. Im to the point with my truck that I cant tow my RV with out my EGT's hitting 1400 or driving 40mph up a hill. It only weighs 7000 lbs loaded, Id rather drive 60-65. Cody I was just asking for some type of response that would let me know that I was in line for help and that Bill was working on my issue. Maybe I didn't understand you clearly or understand the process of ordering the tunes. I was told that PHP is the place to go for tunes with the CTS so I wanted to try it out. I ordered the tunes in March got them three months later and have been strugling ever since. I was looking for some help, thought maybe I was doing the contact thing wrong...I dont know.

Jack, your post was out of line. Im just asking for help and have been calling and calling without Bill returning my calls. Being a head moderator you should be more understanding of people and there needs, don 't run off business with your bad mood.
Old Wed, August 3rd, 2011, 02:37 PM
Whopper Junior

Sorry if I have offended you Cody. That wasn't my intention and probably should have used a different word.
Old Wed, August 3rd, 2011, 03:37 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I understand your frustration, Tim. I feel frustrated most days myself because of my limited capacity and the way it must look for PHP to have a sometimes helpless support guy.

No harm done by you.
Old Thu, August 4th, 2011, 12:29 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sootballz View Post
First... As Cody indicated, he did NOT blow you off. He does not tune 6.0L's and is not familiar with what's involved with tuning for injectors on those calibrations. The only thing he could do was to forward the issue to me. He let me know what problems you were experiencing and I just haven't had a chance to go back to see where we might make any adjustments.

I'm sure I've missed phone calls from you, and some days it goes like that. Other days I can answer every phone call that comes through and call back everyone on my call list. I'm sure you understand that I can't answer two calls at the same time, and many of my calls can have me on the phone for 30 minutes or longer. Unfortunately, this severely limits the number of calls I can normally take during the day, although I'm always happy to schedule a callback when customers need to speak directly with me, even if it is 9:00 or 10:00 at night. As for any e-mails you'd sent, the last one I received from you was on 06/08 indicating that you had finished updating your device in Fusion and were ready to load your custom files. I don't have anything further from you. We've posted time and again about the lack of reliability with our e-mail due to server blacklists, spam blockers, and whatever else gets thrown around on the internet, so it's not a horrible surprise to have e-mails go missing. The Forum is usually the best place to contact us as there are a number of people that can bring issues to our attention and either Cody, Corey, or I can then work to resolve them.

Second... You were most definitely NOT sent any canned tunes. You ordered custom tunes for high-flow injectors (for which I can't get any specs on because Dynomite won't tell anyone anything) and we built the tunes for what we would have normally expected the flow rates and nozzles sizes to be. Obviously, there is some disparity between what we'd estimated and what your injectors actually flow and there's no problem with adjusting the tunes.

Third (and I really don't mean this to sound insulting)... You installed bigger injectors. What did you expect? More fuel is going to translate into more smoke and more heat. Without turbo mods to move more air, you're not going to be able to fully utilize a larger set of injectors. We've had to detune the calibrations already to tone down the fueling. All we can do is further detune the calibrations to the point that you are basically running fuel volumes that are close to stock.

In comparison, if we install Stage 2's or 3's in a 7.3L truck, it's going to be understood that air induction upgrades are in order or you're going to suffer high EGTs. Stage 1's are less critical because of the fact that they run stock nozzles and fuel control is less of a concern, and even Stage 2's can be detuned to run very similar to a stock injector, but then you're running close to stock power as well. I'm more than happy to turn the fuel down further to get your EGTs into a more manageable range, but don't expect much more than you'd get with stock injectors.

As I said, we'll be happy to correct the tuning. If you could provide me with a little more information as to the concerns with each program we can get it taken care of. If you'd like to speak with me, just let me know what time is convenient and I'll be happy to schedule a call with you. (Note: I will not be available until 8:00 pm this evening. Any time tomorrow will be fine, too.)

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, August 4th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Whopper Junior

Bill, Thanks for the reply and I do understand that your shop is very busy. Maybe my frustration showed a little in the begining of this post. I got the canned tune information from your forum posted under CTS and how to check the tunes. Maybe it was a misprint or I read it wrong. It said you have a custome tune if there are 4 zero's in the middle of the tune calibration 2.0000.2039 and if there are any other numbers you have a canned tune 2.4428.2039, if have the later tune. Im willing to upgrade my FICM, PCM/TCM if you know of a better stratagy for my truck. My current one is ECM VXBC9F2 and TCM TQBFON8.
I do have the 90hp injectors from dynomite and they are the shop that refered me to you for tuning. I have a Garrett power max turbo and from what I understand it should handle the injector- but I must be wrong or read something wrong. Im also thinking of getting the 35hp injector tips, like you said big injectors cause big smoke. I was told that by Lenny when I installed them and was hoping a custom tune could clean them up better. Not sure were to go from here.

Heres my list of items.
90hp injectors
ARP studs
CTS with PHP tunes
Banks intercooler
cfm plus intake elbow
stage three fuel system-set a 60lbs at idle
4 inch exhaust turbo back
EGR delete
stock fuel pump
ATS tripple lock converter
Suncoast tranny upgrade kit
transgo kit

What happens is - right when I press the thottle a large amount of black smoke rolls out the exhaust ( a lazy roll of black smoke). Load or no load. Under full throttle a large amount of black smoke(expected). I can get 25 lbs of boost under hard acceleration so I'm figuring my turbo is working ok.
My tranny will lock up in OD and pull the motor down on slight inclines, to large inclines while towing, egt's climb, alarm goes off at 1300 deg and I have to let offf the throttle to get the converter to unlock and spool the turbo up. If I push the throttle to try and get the tranny to shift, the EGT's climb to 1400 instantly. I checked my turbo drive pressure and its 2.5 to 3 times higher than my boost. To me that means to much fuel or not enough boost. It just real hard to drive like that. I also lost the 4th gear TQ lock up that I had with the edge CTS tunes.

I really appreciate any help or advise you might have to help me out.

I wasn't aware that you didn't get my email and I do applogize for the tittle of this post. Feel free to change it or delete it if you like.