Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Fri, August 12th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Bacon King

GTS is on a distinguished road
Default Speedo affect tuning?

So I know it's going to affect the shifting if the speedo is off etc. But does the speedo itself affect your fueling as well? Reason I ask is I put a 120mph lightning speedo in my truck the other day and now it seems my programs don't fuel as heavily as they used to. Most of the programs would smoke a good bit and now they don't do more than just a light haze. When I crank it up to my full on nitrous program it still blacks out 4 lanes of freeway but the rest of the programs are much weaker than usual. It seemed to happen at the same time I swapped speedos so I'm thinking this is the culprit.

Bill if you read this have you done any tuning on the lightnings? And if so is there something with the speedo that would affect my tuning on my diesel?
Old Fri, August 12th, 2011, 11:44 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Placebo effect.

I assume you're driving a 95-97 truck.

There's nothing in the tuning that is speed-related on those trucks.
Old Fri, August 12th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Bacon King

GTS is on a distinguished road

That's kind of what I thought. Definitly not plecebo. The fueling is definitely down from what it was. Might be something else causing it I don't know but something's up. Honestly I like driving it this way as a daily driver because I really don't like the smoke. I just want to make sure it's not going to mess with my tuning. And yeah '96. I thought I had that in my sig but I see now that I don't have a sig! LOL! I'll have to get on that!