Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Upgrade your Evo

Upgrade your Evo Upgrade your Edge Evolution to a Gryphon Programmer to allow for custom tuning and additional functionality.

Due to issues with the cable failures due to incompatible versions of firmware, we do not offer upgrades
or tuning for the 1997-2003 F-Series gas or 7.3L diesel trucks. We recommend using another platform.

Old Wed, March 10th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Whopper

AZFXFOUR is on a distinguished road
Default OK I know this is probably redundant

So some of you may know me from f150online (azfx4) I want/need to upgrade my edge to the gryphon ASAP. my question is this. Im thinking of doing an 87perf and 87tow tunes as I do tow alot. Do I get a 3rd canned tune free? or will it just come with the 2 tunes I order? If I decide I want another (3rd) custom tune in the future what is the cost for that? Also is there a seperate form for doing the exchange or do I use the form the same as if I was buying new? Thanks in advance for everyones help.
Old Wed, March 10th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZFXFOUR View Post
So some of you may know me from f150online (azfx4) I want/need to upgrade my edge to the gryphon ASAP. my question is this. Im thinking of doing an 87perf and 87tow tunes as I do tow alot. Do I get a 3rd canned tune free? or will it just come with the 2 tunes I order? If I decide I want another (3rd) custom tune in the future what is the cost for that? Also is there a seperate form for doing the exchange or do I use the form the same as if I was buying new? Thanks in advance for everyones help.
just replied to your other post.
The gryphon will have 3 PHP canned tunes (a tad bit better than the edge tunes) but I think you have to wait for the custom tunes. The time for that is looking like a little over a month. I think the cost for ordering tunes later is $60. When you do get your custom tunes each will take the place of one of the canned tunes. You will always have 3 tunes.

Here is the link to the order form page, the upgrade is on the bottom of the list and the custom tune order form (for after you have already ordered custom tunes)
Power Hungry Performance - Product Order Forms

It may take a while to get the programmer upgraded because Bill is meeting with Edge and Corey has family issues to tend to. The best option would be to run the tow tune until it's time to return to stock and ship it to them.
Old Wed, March 10th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Whopper

Thanks, So they wont load the custom tunes in the Gryphon before shipping it out to me?
Old Wed, March 10th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Forum Predator

I dont think so because then it wouldn't be fair to the people who are waiting in line. As I said earlier, the safest thing to do would be loading the tow tune because it is designed to run a little richer than the performance tune. You can also go into the custom options menu and raise the WOT fuel a little bit if you feel that it is necissary. You wont need to go over 1.5 because then your just wasting gas. Bill will put it in the 1.3-1.4 range depending on elevation, but that is with the MAF sensor corrected for a different sized intake. Right now your sensor is reading that there is less air than there really is.
Old Wed, March 10th, 2010, 02:02 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZFXFOUR View Post
Thanks, So they wont load the custom tunes in the Gryphon before shipping it out to me?
Sorry, Longshot - I'm pretty sure PHP DOES load the two custom tunes you ask for onto the Gryphon BEFORE they ship it back to you. And, of course, there will be a third canned tune. I think it will take about a month to get the unit back.

I'd suggest, unless you have a reason for a different arrangement, that you load your custom tunes in Level 1 and 2. Leave the Level 3 tune the canned one. It's what I did.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, March 10th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Whopper

Ok thanks Jack. Just curious where in Tucson are you? Sahuarita here. Anyway I already put my stock intake back on just to be safe. I guess ill wait to here when PHP opens up again.
Old Wed, March 10th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Forum Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Sorry, Longshot - I'm pretty sure PHP DOES load the two custom tunes you ask for onto the Gryphon BEFORE they ship it back to you. And, of course, there will be a third canned tune. I think it will take about a month to get the unit back.
Ok Jack, I've just been hearing both. Thats good to know.
Old Wed, March 10th, 2010, 02:31 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
Ok Jack, I've just been hearing both. Thats good to know.
Yup, 88Racing and I have too, so he asked "The Man". The answer was that custom tunes ARE installed on an upgraded unit before it is returned.

I'm out on the far east side, AZ, in the Tanque Verde / Houghton area. And, good on leaving the CAI off for now.

- Jack