Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2009 to 2014 F-150

2009 to 2014 F-150 3.5L, 3.7L, 4.6L, 5.0L, 5.4L, and 6.2L equipped F-150s

Old Mon, August 23rd, 2010, 07:39 PM
King Ranch Fan

2009KR is on a distinguished road

I'm getting tired of this as well. It has been "any time now" many times over the past YEAR AND A HALF! I am not implying that it is PHP's fault, but I would hope that Edge would give them accurate information since they have worked together so much in the past.
Old Mon, August 23rd, 2010, 08:43 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I'm just as disappointed in the way Edge is doing this as the rest of you. And, it's not because I have an 09 or 10 model truck, but because I think they make a "feature rich" product I'd like to see available for future trucks that I might buy sometime. And, I've said this in the past but I have to repeat it - I KNOW they want to have a product out by now. (They really wanted it out a year ago.)

So, why isn't it out? Possibly, because they don't have an engineer on board like Bill who could get this thing to market. I'm only guessing, of course, but it DOES seem they are more successful with their GM and Dodge applications.

And, what's the answer? They need to be willing to pay someone the bucks who KNOWS what he's doing to get the product done. And, they need to listen to the advice of an expert like Bill instead of following whatever advice they seem to be currently following.

This is all just my opinion, of course. Worth exactly what you are paying for it.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Mon, August 23rd, 2010, 09:02 PM
King Ranch Fan

2009KR is on a distinguished road

From my perspective, it just doesn't make sense. (I have strong embedded programming skills.) If SCT figured out how to program the '09-'10 over a year ago, then they could just look at the protocol they used to program this truck. If they can't figure out the data structures for the '09, just could simply look at what others did. Something strange is going on.
Old Tue, August 31st, 2010, 12:32 AM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

Well just in case you all missed it, Edge finally came through! they have officially released the 2009-10 CS and CTS!