Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, December 7th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Whopper

datrevino is on a distinguished road
Help Gryphon programmer screen is unreadable

Hi imagine my gryphon screen is unreadable i tried to reconnect the programmer again disconnecting and reconnecting but still does not work.

I found a post here and it said that Bill told him that the flash on the programmer got corrupted and it needs to be reloaded again.

If this is the solution please answer me what i need to do.

Thanks a lot.
Old Wed, December 7th, 2011, 10:22 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Just to clarify that you are refering to a monochrome gryphon and NOT the cs or cts.....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, December 8th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Whopper

Help evolution monochrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Just to clarify that you are refering to a monochrome gryphon and NOT the cs or cts.....
yes is monochrome.

thanks for your help and tell me what i need to do.
Old Thu, December 8th, 2011, 11:57 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

If you're not getting anything backlight and beeps when buttons are pressed then...

Check the cable connections.

Check the cigarette lighter fuse. This same fuse powers both the lighter and the OBDII power supply.

It could be the wires going into the OBD port itself, they can be loose inside the OBD port and reaching behind the plug and wiggling the wire might make the Gryphon turn on and off. If this is the case, use an electrical connector "spoon" to pull the bad wire out, spread the little tab on the wire end and put it back in. A somewhat "cruder" fix is to use part of a tooth pick and push an end of it into the back side of the port on the hole with the loose wire, this tightens up the connection and all is good again. Not an elegant repair, but it works.

Old Thu, December 8th, 2011, 02:48 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

And, it would be helpful to know if the Gryphon seems to function properly when plugged into Pegasus on a PC. This would let you know if the hardware is OK or not.

If it's just a firmware problem, then [Updates]->[Gryphon Update Manager] might fix things. However, the truck's PCM would have to be at the stock setting before you could do this. If that's not the case, Bill will have to be involved.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, December 9th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Whopper

Help gryphon corrupted

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
And, it would be helpful to know if the Gryphon seems to function properly when plugged into Pegasus on a PC. This would let you know if the hardware is OK or not.

If it's just a firmware problem, then [Updates]->[Gryphon Update Manager] might fix things. However, the truck's PCM would have to be at the stock setting before you could do this. If that's not the case, Bill will have to be involved.

- Jack

the truck is in level 3 performance because in that level was before the programmer failure.

So i think Bill has to be involve and i think the firmware is corrupt as Bill told another man with exactly the same problem.

Please let me know what Bill say about this and what i need to do next.

thanks.

Old Fri, December 9th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Whopper

Help i checked it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
If you're not getting anything backlight and beeps when buttons are pressed then...

Check the cable connections.

Check the cigarette lighter fuse. This same fuse powers both the lighter and the OBDII power supply.

It could be the wires going into the OBD port itself, they can be loose inside the OBD port and reaching behind the plug and wiggling the wire might make the Gryphon turn on and off. If this is the case, use an electrical connector "spoon" to pull the bad wire out, spread the little tab on the wire end and put it back in. A somewhat "cruder" fix is to use part of a tooth pick and push an end of it into the back side of the port on the hole with the loose wire, this tightens up the connection and all is good again. Not an elegant repair, but it works.
I forgot to say that i checked tha fuses and obd port and they are fine.
Old Fri, December 9th, 2011, 09:38 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

I'll leave a note for him.....

Old Fri, December 9th, 2011, 11:04 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I understand about the Level, datrevino, but please plug the Gryphon into Pegasus on your PC. It will help Bill to know if the screen lights up when you do this.

The more a device is troubleshot before talking to Bill, the less time he has to spend doing it and the faster you are back in business.

- Jack
Old Fri, December 9th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Whopper

Help yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
I understand about the Level, datrevino, but please plug the Gryphon into Pegasus on your PC. It will help Bill to know if the screen lights up when you do this.

The more a device is troubleshot before talking to Bill, the less time he has to spend doing it and the faster you are back in business.

- Jack
yes all lights are on ,please tell me what to do next.