Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the Power Hungry Performance Forum. We're glad that you're here! Start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself!

PLEASE POST TECHNICAL and/or SUPPORT QUESTIONS in the APPROPRIATE SECTION of the FORUM

Old Fri, November 2nd, 2012, 03:51 PM
Whopper Junior

Scarlet is on a distinguished road
Default With hands smacking forehead "I'm so Confused"

Hey all. Yea, I'm no computer geek, that's for sure. I have a 2011 F150 Lariat 4x4 supercrew with the 6.2. I special ordered this truck and love it. For added performance (and fun) I bought, and had installed, a complete StainlessWorks exhaust system. It has the long tube headers, high flow cats, X-pipe, and duals with chambered mufflers. Then I modified the air intake with a Volant intake tube, cut open the airbox and put in a K+N filter. But now I need to add a "programer" or "tuner" I guess they are called nowadays. But I have no idea what to get or where to go. The more I research, the more confused I get. I have no experiance with this kind of stuff. And compounding the problem is that I have the 6.2. I usually have to order stuff for my truck as a "Raptor". I was hoping that coming to this website might answer some questions. But, after reading a bit, I'm more confused than ever. Reading about dowloading this or uploading that, or be careful because somthing can be erased......Frankly, it scares me. I thought one of these tuners that can be plugged in with a display on the dash would be pretty cool, but now I'm not sure. In the old days you just plugged in "a chip" and that was it. I have a hard time with my cell phone I would like to add a "tuner", and in fact I need to. After towing my Polaris Ranger around in the trailer a few times, I can tell the truck is running rich. Inside of the exhaust pipes get black after the trip. And just every day driving I can tell that the throttle response isn't there. And I think that's directly due to the exhaust system being opened up. So....................Any suggestions? Anyone?
Old Fri, November 2nd, 2012, 04:52 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Welcome!

I don't have the answers to your needs, but I think Bill Cohron will. The long tube headers, X-pipe exhaust and intake say to me that you need custom tuning for your truck. I don't think there are any "canned" tunes that are going to help much. So, it's not exactly going to be just buying a plug and play device off the shelf. But, once you DO have a custom tuned programmer, the rest is VERY simple.

So, try (and try again) to call Bill at 678-890-1110, Tues-Fri between 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM (they close for lunch at 12:00-12:30). You can try faxing him too at 678-890-8119. They are hard to reach, mainly because they have more than 6,000 customers now, so you have to be patient.

Tell him what you've told us here and anything else you think might have a bearing on things.

Good luck on this. Sounds like you have a sweet ride!

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, November 2nd, 2012, 07:27 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

X2, try getting in contact with Bill.

Sounds like an awesome truck, pics?
Old Sat, November 3rd, 2012, 11:52 AM
Whopper Junior

Thanks. I've been on the F150 on line forums for a few months and there's alot of good info there. That's how found PHP. I'm strongly leaning towards the Gryhon, But as I said, it's all so confusing to me. I need the added programming because of my mods. And of course the added benefit of "More Power" is very nice! I'm already getting great mileage, but a couple more wouldn't hurt either. I like that I can leave it on the dash and change from regular driving to a "tow" mode when I've got my Ranger in tow. One thing I like too is that I can maybe get another rearview camera, and put it on my enclosed trailer I use to haul my Ranger. It would be a big aid in backing that thing up. It sounds like this may be the place to be. I think I will make a call to Bill next week. Thanks again!!
Old Sat, November 3rd, 2012, 11:55 AM
Whopper Junior

OOPs, forgot, I made a couple of albums of the truck until I can get a few reduced enough for a signature. Thanks again, again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sun, November 4th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome! We posted all over the place that the phones were closed Tuesday and Wednesday of last week while we prepared to release our newest product on Thursday, but Thursday and Friday, we were available! In fact, the phones were pretty slow.

Please make sure you're calling during our regular phone hours: 9AM-3PM EST Tuesday through Friday. There are at least 2 people answering phones during those hours -- sometimes three. We'll be happy to help answer your questions.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019