Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED)

F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED) If you have a question or comment relating the new F.U. Chip or FU2 Flex Chip, post it here.

Old Thu, January 6th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Whopper

wckdpowerstroke is on a distinguished road
Default Just ordered my fu chip :)

Just ordered my chip 10 minutes ago. Excited and nervous.

Nervous about the install. Few questions.
Should i disconnect both positives on the battery's?
Do you end up pulling the pcm out thru the inside to install the chip?

Thanks
Mike
Old Fri, January 7th, 2011, 09:43 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by wckdpowerstroke View Post
Just ordered my chip 10 minutes ago. Excited and nervous.

Nervous about the install. Few questions.
Should i disconnect both positives on the battery's?
Do you end up pulling the pcm out thru the inside to install the chip?

Thanks
Mike
Mike,

How the PCM comes out depends on the truck. The SD trucks come out from the inside of the vehicle while the 95-97 trucks are removed inside the engine compartment.

There is no need to disconnect the batteries. Even if there were a reason, the negative cables are always a better idea to disconnect than the positives.
Old Fri, January 7th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Whopper

Thank Cody.

What kind of turn around time to get it? No rush just curious.

Does the pcm need to be pulled out then for install? I have a 99. So no need to disconnect the battery's?

I also forgot to not on my order that i have an early 99 if it makes a difference.
Old Fri, January 7th, 2011, 11:16 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

As long as you have the PCM code listed on the order form, you're good.

The "turn-around" for shipping is nothing more than boxing up parts and shipping so hopefully it will be shipped mid-late next week (Corey's got some catching up to do on orders since she has been sick and out of the office since Wednesday).

You HAVE to pull the PCM and disassemble it to prepare the circuit board contacts for the chip. No way around that.
Old Sat, January 29th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Whopper

Tried programming tonight and keep getting a verify failed at 0x00000. What do i need to do?