Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED)

F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED) If you have a question or comment relating the new F.U. Chip or FU2 Flex Chip, post it here.

Old Sat, July 9th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Whopper Junior

knightm1120 is on a distinguished road
Default Awsome performance but have some ?'s

My trucks performance since installing my FU is out of this world. Not only will it fly when i want it to but so far it seems to be getting about 5 more mpg's. However I do have a couple of questions. Im getting the extra mpg's in the 120 race mode, the others only give modest gains, is this ok for my truck in the long run to leave it on this (except for towing ect. of course) im not dogging it out or anything, just driving normally in the 60 to 65 mph range.
I was also wondering if yall had a tune that would stop my truck from going into gear or something like that, If I stop at a store an just wanna run in for a second it would be nice to just leave my truck running but i dont want it to get stolen. I thought about the 25 valet mode but my truck would still be driveable to any thief. Please let me know if yall could do anything like this.
My pcm code is NVK5. Great product too by the way, been braggin on yall.
Old Mon, July 11th, 2011, 06:33 PM
EVERYDAY HUSTLER

Lowdown89 is on a distinguished road

I unsure about the anti theft setting you want but yes you can leave your truck on the 120 setting and drive with it daily as long as you keep your EGTs in check do you have gauges?
Old Thu, July 14th, 2011, 03:08 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

I have occasionally done a file where the throttle pedal becomes unresponsive, effectively disabling the truck. (Unless you can't run faster then the truck can idle up the street. ) If you'd like, we can set up a file like that for you.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Mon, July 25th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Whopper Junior

knightm1120 is on a distinguished road

Sorry for delay, been working 7 days a week. to answer your ?'s Bill that sounds like exactly what i need (BTW, im pretty sure i can catch the truck in idle). I do have an EGT guage, and at cruising speed it stays between 400 an 600 depending on my speed which is between 60 an 75. However, when i put the petal to the floor (literally) it raises to 1400 an maybe a little higher. is this normal or could there be somthing wrong such as a boost leak etc.? Bill what do i need to do to get the idle tune?
Old Tue, July 26th, 2011, 10:05 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

I'll make a note to add it in the build list and let you know when it's done.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!