Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED)

F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED) If you have a question or comment relating the new F.U. Chip or FU2 Flex Chip, post it here.

Old Sun, July 17th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Whopper

screagle07 is on a distinguished road
Default Trans shift points, pressures

I have the FU chip installed on my truck and love the way it performs. However, I just had my trans rebuilt locally. I let the builder decide what to put in as he does offer a 3 year warranty. For the rebuild, he installed a new billet triple disc convertor,heavy duty clutches and a trans go shift kit. Normal driving the shifts are a little firm in the higher performance tunes but thats where I get the best mpg. I was wondering if the shift points could be softened a bit or do I need custom tunes for this? Its something I could live with but would rather get this trans to last long enough for me to get a BTS.
Old Mon, July 18th, 2011, 12:12 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

We have files in the FU library that are already set up for BTS/JW/Trans-go modifications that reduce the line pressures and soften the shifts up a bit.

I have modified your file list to include the tranny files. They will be clearly indicated in the list and isolated from the standard files.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Mon, July 18th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Whopper

Cool, thanks for the quick response. I love the way the truck runs and I'm getting about 5 mpg better on the 120extreme over stock. Thanks for the great product.
Old Tue, July 19th, 2011, 10:56 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Definitely our pleasure.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, July 27th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Whopper

I re-burned my chip with the new files for the Trans-go shift modifications and have to say I like the original files better. In the higher settings, I get short shifts and a shooshing sound when it shifts into overdrive. Not sure what this is, I hope it isn't the tc slipping. I might just be paranoid since I just had my trans rebuilt too. I am going to re-burn my chip with the original files and get in touch with the guy that rebuilt my tranny to see what else he may have modified. I think he may have modified the valve body as well. I will post again after I figure out exactly what he did and what is going on with my trans. Thanks for all the help and I will let you know what I find out.
Old Wed, July 27th, 2011, 09:28 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

The "shoosh" you're hearing is from the turbocharger. The engine RPM is dropping quicker and the drive pressure on the turbine side of the turbo goes away thus causing the boost pressure to come back out through the compressor inlet. No biggie.