Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED)

F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED) If you have a question or comment relating the new F.U. Chip or FU2 Flex Chip, post it here.

Old Sun, August 14th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Whopper

ttyR2 is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for a mild performance upgrade

I picked up a clean 2000 F-350 dually crewcab longbox 4WD 7.3L w/6speed stick truck last weekend and am thinking about doing a few mods. Reliability is very important as I'll be towing fairly long distances. The RV trailer we have is 8800lbs GVW.

I'm thinking about a 4" turbo-back exhaust system (Diamond Eye or MBRP) and a GPT38r turbo.

Would the FU or FU2 setup be most appropriate for a basic upgrade like this? Injectors may be in the future, but I'd rather see how the truck runs with just the exhaust and turbo at this point.
Old Mon, August 15th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

dietoremain is on a distinguished road

The 38r is a great bolt on for sure. i dont know how much more power you can get out of it on stock sticks but i'll let someone else chime in.
Autometer gauges
WW/ATS 1.0 exhaust housing
Hutch/Harpoon in tank mods/hpX line
AIH delete/ebpv delete
TruCool trans cooler
Straight piped
PHP FU
Old Wed, August 17th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

You'll be alright with just the FU with a 38r and exhaust. If you do decide to upgrade injectors someday, you can 'upgrade' the FU to a FU2. You will be out about $50 dollars for going the route of FU then FU2 rather than just going the FU2 right way.

Performance wise you might see quicker spoolup, lower EGTs, MPG wise it really comes down to the skinny pedal and driving habits. However, I myself have never driven a 7.3 with a 38r, so last statement is only from what I've read.
Old Wed, August 17th, 2011, 08:45 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Drives like a stocker and in some cases there is no change whatsoever. It really boils down to what you're doing with the truck and the modifications you have.