Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED)

F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED) If you have a question or comment relating the new F.U. Chip or FU2 Flex Chip, post it here.

Old Tue, September 28th, 2010, 01:20 AM
Double Whopper

AussieOiler is on a distinguished road
Question Delivery Downunder?

G'day Ya'll,

I'm ready to pull the trigger, so just a couple of questions:

1. How long from placing an order for a FU2 6 Pos Custom Chip for it to arrive in the 'Land Down Under' (Aussie)?
The main reason I ask is that I do a 6 week on - 6 week off rotation at sea and I have 4 weeks to go on this swing.
I'm trying to time the placing of the order so as I get the maximum time to receive, install and iron out any possible glitches during my next 6 weeks off.

I'm still at sea at present, therefore I have not physically eyeballed the PCM Code.
2. However I do have the HEX Code from the Evo2 (VRAA7U4). Is this sufficient enough to place an order with confidence?
I also have the VIN & Eng number with me (got the missus to email all this to me).
Cheers,
Reg.
[/SIGPIC] Aussie 2005(US 2003)F-250 SD 4x4 7.3Ltr PS: AIS Intake,Zoodad,Cowl Hood,AIH delete,DIY CCV,PHP FU2 Chip,RiffRaff FRx,HPx & OCR,BTM Exhaust,HD rear spring set,Front leveler spring, Dual Tower shocks front,Tough Dog Damper,ARB Air Lockers Front & Rear,V10 Tranny cooler+OEM Cooler, BD Deep Pan,JWVB,Long Range Fuel Tank,Edge Evo2,VMS In Dash Nav. GVM(GVWR)Upgraded to 5,000k(LT Rated F350+).
Old Tue, September 28th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there,

We just sent an FU Chip (same hardware as the FU2) to Australia. We sent it USPS Express Mail; it arrived in 10 days to Warana, Queensland.

Your HEX code is just fine, so don't worry about your box code.

Just a heads up, though... something that we hadn't thought of before shipping a chip to Australia... the cable isn't long enough to reach across to the right side of the dash, so it'll have to be mounted in the middle. TS Performance (the company from which we purchase the chips) is going to custom make us some switches with longer cables, but they don't expect to have them in until late October.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, September 28th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Double Whopper

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick View Post
Hi there,

We just sent an FU Chip (same hardware as the FU2) to Australia. We sent it USPS Express Mail; it arrived in 10 days to Warana, Queensland.

Your HEX code is just fine, so don't worry about your box code.

Just a heads up, though... something that we hadn't thought of before shipping a chip to Australia... the cable isn't long enough to reach across to the right side of the dash, so it'll have to be mounted in the middle. TS Performance (the company from which we purchase the chips) is going to custom make us some switches with longer cables, but they don't expect to have them in until late October.
G'day Corey,

Thank you for the reply.

Apreciate the comments concerning the 'Switch Cable' and it's length being a possible limitation to mounting position choice.
I've sent the following questions to Scott (I'm presuming he may be the person you are refering to as he is from that neck of the woods)
1. Did you find the mounting of the switch to be somewhat limited due to the cable length?
2. Have you found any drawback from having to mount the switch in the console centre?
3. Corey says that TS is developing a longer 'Switch Cable' and it may well be available late October. Do you think it worth waiting for a longer cable?

With the FU2 Chip, I'm presumimg that the chip will arrive with the requested custom tunes already installed on it.
I guess there will have to be some sort of activation code; but I presume there is no need to download tunes to start with as you do with the FU?

Cheers,
Reg.

p.s: I notice there is a smile of a little Canadian chap happily waving his little Maple Leaf. Is there an equivalent little Aussie bloke happily waving the Southern Cross?
[/SIGPIC] Aussie 2005(US 2003)F-250 SD 4x4 7.3Ltr PS: AIS Intake,Zoodad,Cowl Hood,AIH delete,DIY CCV,PHP FU2 Chip,RiffRaff FRx,HPx & OCR,BTM Exhaust,HD rear spring set,Front leveler spring, Dual Tower shocks front,Tough Dog Damper,ARB Air Lockers Front & Rear,V10 Tranny cooler+OEM Cooler, BD Deep Pan,JWVB,Long Range Fuel Tank,Edge Evo2,VMS In Dash Nav. GVM(GVWR)Upgraded to 5,000k(LT Rated F350+).
Old Tue, September 28th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, Scott is the one! I just PMed him today about the longer cables. Regarding the tunes, we can do it either way. We usually send the chip and burner out and then work on the tunes to be downloaded; however, we can program the chip before it even gets sent out (but it might delay shipment about a week).

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Thu, October 7th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Double Whopper

Default Placing Order

Quote:
Yes, Scott is the one! I just PMed him today about the longer cables. Regarding the tunes, we can do it either way. We usually send the chip and burner out and then work on the tunes to be downloaded; however, we can program the chip before it even gets sent out (but it might delay shipment about a week).
G'day Corey,

I've got three weeks to go before I get home so I'm going ahead and placing the order for a FU2 6 Pos Chip.
As you said and Scott confirmed, it takes around 10 days for delivery Downunder (un-programed), and I can expect another 7 days (give or take a couple) if I get PHP to programe the chip before shipment.
I would prefer that as I see it as one less step for a computer dunce like me to go through in the first place

Edit: G'day Corey, I placed my order last night. Could please ensure that my request for the tunes to be burnt onto the chip before shipment be done? Many thanks & Cheers, Reg.

Should the chip should require tweeking/change of tune later (as I understand it) the FU2 & Burner allows me that flexability without the expense and time of freighting a Phoenix back and forth.
Looking forward to getting PHP Chip
Cheers,
Reg

Last edited by AussieOiler; Sat, October 9th, 2010 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Ordered Chip now.
Old Sun, October 10th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Double Whopper

Question Pulled the trigger

Quote:
G'day Corey,
I placed my order a couple of days ago.
Could please ensure that my request for the tunes to be burnt onto the chip before shipment be done?

No real pressure as I'm still at sea until the 27th and don't get home until the 29th.

Many thanks & Cheers,
Reg.

Edit: Please excuse my ignorance Corey. I just noticed that you have been ill of late. I sincerly hope you are ok, and recovering.
Take care,
Reg

Last edited by AussieOiler; Sun, October 10th, 2010 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Well wishes
Old Mon, October 11th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

No worries, Reg! I put in a few hours today -- boy, does everything get backed up when I'm out of the office!

Cody will be working on your tunes this week, and we'll be sure to program your chip before it's sent.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, October 12th, 2010, 05:53 AM
Double Whopper

Default Back on Deck

Quote:
No worries, Reg! I put in a few hours today --And that's the go; just ease back into routine. boy, does everything get backed up when I'm out of the office!

Cody will be working on your tunes this week, and we'll be sure to program your chip before it's sent.Much appreciated.
G'day Corey,

Real nice to see you back on deck. Trust you are recovering well.
Take it easy.

Cheers,
Reg.
Old Thu, October 21st, 2010, 06:47 AM
Double Whopper

Clap It's Torture PHP Torture

What to do ...what ta dooo

I did the math.
1: 10 days on average to get a chip downunder from the USA from order date.
2: 7 ta 8 days more if I wanted the tunes burned onto chip before shipping.

Now that comes ta 17/18 days ..Right

I ordered on the 12th; so 12 + 18 = 30th ..Right

Stay with me.

Now, I'm at sea and don't get home until the 29th.
So I deliberately ordered on the 12th so as my arrival home and the FU2 would be more or less the same time.

Buuut what happens The missus gets a message to me today stating: Darlin' that PHP Chip and burner you ordered is here.

Well fellas put yourselves in my shoes.
I've still got 9 days to go and the torture, a mans got a PHP Chip and I may as well be impotant

Serious now.
Hows that for service. Order a PHP Chip from down in Aussie and they write and burn the chip and have it delivered not only to the other side of the world but in another hemisphere in 9 days figure that
On top of that the PHP team had to get a backlog cleared because Corey had been away ill for some time (trust you are fully recovered Corey).

So if anybody out there is not only after the best chip but unparalleled service, look no further

So 9 days and

Cheers Fellas,
Reg.
Old Thu, October 21st, 2010, 07:26 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Oh, you just made my day. That's the funniest post I've read in a long time.

Thank you for making me . Get home safely.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019