Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED)

F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED) If you have a question or comment relating the new F.U. Chip or FU2 Flex Chip, post it here.

Old Wed, May 18th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Whopper Junior

EasyRhin0 is on a distinguished road
Default Can I make it disappear for California SMOG check?

Ok so one of the barriers to buying a chip/programmer is that they are not in compliance with California SMOG laws. I hate it too... Anyway I need to know if the FU leaves a latent "footprint" that will get me in trouble at the dreaded smog check station? If not what is the procedure to return the truck to stock after removing the chip? I have heard all sorts of voodoo on how to do this...
Thanks
Dave
Old Wed, May 18th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

cj45lc is on a distinguished road

Somebody with a lot more smarts than me will be along, but if you pull the chip off the PCM the truck will go right back to stock programming. I'm pretty sure it will not leave anything that would be detected.
Old Thu, May 19th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Whopper Junior

Clem1226 is on a distinguished road

From what I have heard the only "foot print" they look for is a " kam keep alive error". This message/error is generated after you disconnect the batteries and or pull the PCM and self clears after X amount of drive cycles. If you have to pull the PCM to remove the chip you will have to wait X amount of drive cycles or clear the Kam message from the PCM with a diag tool like AE. If you can get the chip out without disconnecting the PCM you are good to go. I cannot recall how many drive cycles are needed to clear it but for some reason 30 is stuck in my mind.......
Old Sat, May 21st, 2011, 01:24 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

dietoremain is on a distinguished road

And even then a KAM code wouldnt fail you in smog, it would just show your batteries we're disconnected... no harm there, anyway ya simple as that unplug the chip, lol. and if you go to a decently friendly smog guy they wont give a crap as long as your PCM reads fine.

Im fortunately safe til december.. still a bunch of bs tho.. gotta fix my ccv, aih, ebpv code(fooler lol) and then its good.
Autometer gauges
WW/ATS 1.0 exhaust housing
Hutch/Harpoon in tank mods/hpX line
AIH delete/ebpv delete
TruCool trans cooler
Straight piped
PHP FU
Old Mon, May 23rd, 2011, 06:34 PM
Whopper Junior

EasyRhin0 is on a distinguished road

Yep I am in the same boat with the CCV and AIH. I will probably give myself a couple weeks of back to SMOG legal before I take it in so if just removing the chip and driving the truck for a couple weeks is all I have to do then that is a bonus.