Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED)

F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED) If you have a question or comment relating the new F.U. Chip or FU2 Flex Chip, post it here.

Old Wed, July 20th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Whopper

azzuki is on a distinguished road
Default 85 hp tow tune

I have noticed with the 85 tow tune, f.u. chip, when going through town, i/e 35 to 45 mph when out of o.d. the t/c unlocks, is this normal, and is it ok for the transmission to do this? Love the chip!!
Old Wed, July 20th, 2011, 02:07 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Yes, it's not unusual for the converter to be unlocked in a tow tune at lower speeds with the O/D off. It's not hurting the transmission, although if you like we can restructure the shifts so the converter locks at light throttle and moderate speeds. Just let me know what your ECM code is and we can update the file.

Thanks.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, July 20th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Whopper

Let me double check my code....

Last edited by azzuki; Thu, July 21st, 2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old Thu, July 21st, 2011, 10:39 PM
Whopper

The ECM code is NVK4, so after you change this will I just have to update the software next time I burn?? Thanks.
Old Fri, July 22nd, 2011, 09:18 AM

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

In your file dropdown, there will be a separate entry for the modified file that is clearly defined. It will be the first file in the list, so there shouldn't be any confusion.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Old Mon, July 25th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Whopper

Thats great, thank you Bill, just got back from camping, and I love the tunes, pulled my 5er great through some good hills in AZ. Just gotta watch the EGT's ..
Old Tue, July 26th, 2011, 10:24 AM

Fantastic! Glad to hear you made it back safe and sound. Hope your trip was good. Any pics form camping?

(678) 890-1110

Old Tue, August 23rd, 2011, 09:54 PM
Whopper

I went to reburn my chip today, and put the new tow tune on it, and see how it does, I am towing another truck a couple hundred miles tomorrow, and there was no new tune in my menu, I checked for updates, and got none, is it possible it got uploaded to someone elses file??