Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Mon, August 16th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Nothin' Stock

majek5 is on a distinguished road
Default Edge Juice Platinum/Attitude

I was at the dealer that I bought my 06 6.0 from, talking to a buddy who is the service manager. When my truck was traded in, it had the Juice Platinum on it, the dealer took it off. The seller said to sell it if they could. Well my buddy gave it to me. FREE! Here is the question...how safe is it? Should I just sell it, or is it worth putting on the truck again? Also if it is in the stock mode, does it still mess with the PCM? All my info about this, good or bad, is from PSO. Anybody with personal experience with Edge products (Bill) please chime in. Thanks, Kelly.

stock...
Old Mon, August 16th, 2010, 07:17 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by majek5 View Post
I was at the dealer that I bought my 06 6.0 from, talking to a buddy who is the service manager. When my truck was traded in, it had the Juice Platinum on it, the dealer took it off. The seller said to sell it if they could. Well my buddy gave it to me. FREE! Here is the question...how safe is it? Should I just sell it, or is it worth putting on the truck again? Also if it is in the stock mode, does it still mess with the PCM? All my info about this, good or bad, is from PSO. Anybody with personal experience with Edge products (Bill) please chime in. Thanks, Kelly.
If the truck is in stock mode, there's no "underhanded" effects from the programmer. It IS running the tune it came with from the factory (or as updated by a dealership to correct "issues").

I've heard some bad vibes about the Juice, but I have no data to back this up. You really need to talk to Bill about this device (and I would not use it until you do).

Call Bill - It's hard to get him, but keep trying until you do.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Mon, August 16th, 2010, 07:33 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

majek,

I got the programmer today. Thanks, man!

As far as the Juice goes......
SELL IT!!

It's not the best thing for your transmission as it does not compensate for the added power.
Old Mon, August 16th, 2010, 09:17 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

OK........I gotta ask.

What does a guy with thousands invested in custom tuning equipment do with a Superchip?
Old Tue, August 17th, 2010, 06:54 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Actually, I am running it in the truck right now. Besides the stock-ish shift points , the tunes actually run very well for having about 3 changes total.....

I have an older Evo (Game Boy style) and now another Superchips 1705.

I like to collect them. I also have an extensive collection of PCMs and a few IDMs. I don't plan on getting rid of anything, but it's nice to have stuff. I am far from a hoarder as I don't keep junk, but I like to have stuff that is good, usable, and something that might come in handy.

Besides, I'm working on trying to find a way to make a reflash tool out of it....something I can load my own tunes on and then reflash PCMs with whatever I want.
Old Tue, August 17th, 2010, 10:55 AM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
I'm working on trying to find a way to make a reflash tool out of it....something I can load my own tunes on and then reflash PCMs with whatever I want.

Now that would be really neat!
Old Tue, August 17th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Double Whopper

Farmer11 is on a distinguished road

if your looking to sell that juice i would be interested in it! pm me to discusss the details
Old Tue, August 17th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Nothin' Stock

majek5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer11 View Post
if your looking to sell that juice i would be interested in it! pm me to discusss the details
PM sent.

stock...