Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Wed, February 16th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Double Whopper

Bob is on a distinguished road

From the shop: Oil sample shows 12% dilution...thats alot of fuel in my oil. This occured in less than 3000 miles. Currently pulling injectors to check and replace o-rings and crush washers. If nothing visible plan to have injectors tested. Mechanics tells me if that is all good, then it could be a cracked head. Hoping for the best. No word on the fuel pump yet. I test drove a 2011 6.7L yesterday, man that was sweet. Awsome power. May be my next move. Ha Ha
2006 F-350 6.0L 4X4 AFE Intake, Banks Technicooler intercooler system, turbo back MBRP 4" exhaust, 70 Horse Depaco injectors, FICM and ECM/TCM Roll back, Gryphon programmer and Custom Tunes on the way
Old Fri, February 18th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Double Whopper

The shop found a bad crush washer in cylinder #4. Got it back and it runs great. I will be tearing the fuel pump out this weekend to clean and inspect it. Thanks for the input.
2006 F-350 6.0L 4X4 AFE Intake, Banks Technicooler intercooler system, turbo back MBRP 4" exhaust, 70 Horse Depaco injectors, FICM and ECM/TCM Roll back, Gryphon programmer and Custom Tunes on the way
Old Sat, February 19th, 2011, 07:06 PM
tech man

StripperDJ is on a distinguished road

Glad you got something figured out with it...keep me posted if i can help you with it.
Old Sat, February 19th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Double Whopper

Brad you were a great help when I talked to you on the phone. I can only hope that my travels may bring me to GA some day. Thanks again for all the help. Bob
Old Wed, March 16th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Double Whopper

ssredrino is on a distinguished road
Default check

check your oil to coolant temp

mine did this same thing when it gets warm the oil gets to hot and the injectors start mis-firing, my truck was not overheating but the oil temp was running 30-40 degrees hotter than the coolant

change the oil cooler flush the coolant system

check for a bad injector harness also