Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, March 16th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Whopper

Lilpooh is on a distinguished road
Default Gryphon FICM programmer

This is for the 6.0 PSD, from my understanding the Gryphon comes pre-programmed with the 4 FICM tunes already on it.

My question is, will I need to download any software to my PC for future updates, issues, or trouble shooting? Fusion or Pegasus?

Thanks, Rich
X-3 tunes by DJ,QT,GH,ID,head studs,II Stage 1turbo,ATS coolant recirc lines,Swamp's 48v ficm,coolant filter,Snow Perf stage II,EGR delete,AD2,4" turbo back straight pipe,K&N intake,Quad "A" pillar autometer gauges,Suncoast Tri Disk Conv.,Billet input shaft,Suncoast superduty rebuild kit,Trans-go shift kit,Mag-Hytec trans pan,CFM+ elbow,ccv mod
Old Fri, March 16th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Whopper

Sorry, forgot to mention. I don't have the Gyphon in hand yet, it was just shipped today and wanted to know if I had to set up any software on my PC.
X-3 tunes by DJ,QT,GH,ID,head studs,II Stage 1turbo,ATS coolant recirc lines,Swamp's 48v ficm,coolant filter,Snow Perf stage II,EGR delete,AD2,4" turbo back straight pipe,K&N intake,Quad "A" pillar autometer gauges,Suncoast Tri Disk Conv.,Billet input shaft,Suncoast superduty rebuild kit,Trans-go shift kit,Mag-Hytec trans pan,CFM+ elbow,ccv mod
Old Sun, March 18th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Which gryphon programmer did you get?
If it was the CS/CTS you'll need Fusion from the Edge website (should also come on a disk with the programmer). If it is the monochrome then you'll need Pegasus. Have them fully installed before ever connecting the programmer to the computer.

Also, you won't need to periodically update the programmer once you are using it unless you need tune changes. Many people have been finding out the hard way on the CS/CTS that they'll lose their custom tunes because they felt compelled to constantly update.
Old Tue, March 20th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Whopper

Thanks Longshot,

It's the Gryphon non-CS/CTS.

The brown truck dropped it off today, too bad I'm at work now and can't open up the box! LOL!! I'll check it out when I get home to see what kind of instructions came with it.