Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, October 18th, 2012, 02:16 PM
4x2 LARIAT Tiger Edition!

RajunKajun59 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
It may - As a confession, I have not gotten Pegasus to connect properly to my old monochrome Gryphon on my new Win 7 professional 64 bit OS either. I don't have your error, but in spite of the fact that Pegasus SAYS the Gryphon is connected, the Gryphon's screen stays red and Pegasus appears to be frozen. Some day I'm going to HAVE to try to get this working, but, I have a working Pegasus on my older Win XP machines.

I suspect Longshot meant to say "every" trace of the previous install. A program I use to do this is Revo Uninstaller (the free version) and I always activate the "thorough" uninstall feature that wipes traces from the registry, as well as deleting folders and other traces. It's never caused me any problems when I've done this. (But it didn't fix my faulty Win 7 installation of Pegasus.)

- Jack
Jack,
I know I am the customer here, but mine did the same thig yours did. To fix it I installed the USB Drivers maually through Pegasus after a PC restart and then reconnected the EVO/Gryphon after Pegasus was runnoig. Although I am sure you tried this, just thought I would throw it out there anyway.

Win7 64 Ultimate

My F150 Forum Thread: http://www.f150forum.com/f4/gettin-h...ned-up-140385/
Old Thu, October 18th, 2012, 02:57 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajunKajun59 View Post
Jack,
I know I am the customer here, but mine did the same thig yours did. To fix it I installed the USB Drivers maually through Pegasus after a PC restart and then reconnected the EVO/Gryphon after Pegasus was runnoig. Although I am sure you tried this, just thought I would throw it out there anyway.

Win7 64 Ultimate
I HAVE tried that, and it hasn't worked so far. But, NEVER be afraid to make a suggestion! None of us know everything and I find I am always learning, many times from forum members like you.

- Jack
Old Fri, October 19th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Whopper

boto is on a distinguished road
Success!

I finally overcame my apprehension and took the Gryphon off the truck, plugged it in the laptop w/ Pegasus running, and had to go back out and return the truck ecm to stock. Happily, the Gryphon forgave me and connected back through Pegasus, and it allowed me to access the custom downloads from the internet. I never had a problem with Gryphon staying red, and thankfully it turned out very straight forward. The test drive was very satisfying.