Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > General Vehicle Related Topics > Performance Modifications and Other Conversations

Performance Modifications and Other Conversations This is a place where we can have real, honest discussions about all things performance related.

Whether it's power adders, engine parts, configurations, injectors, tuning, or whatever else you can thing of, let's talk about it!

View Poll Results: What CAI are you running?
AFE 27 9.64%
Air Force One 10 3.57%
Airaid 19 6.79%
Banks 9 3.21%
K&N 73 26.07%
S&B 21 7.50%
Other 60 21.43%
Volant 22 7.86%
I don't have a CAI. 39 13.93%
Voters: 280. You may not vote on this poll

Old Tue, June 19th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Whopper Junior No Tomato

j. clementi is on a distinguished road

Nothing too crazy. I haven't dynoed it or anything but I would say it it is comparable to the gains I got from the gotta mod. However, it looks way cooler:-D
Old Sun, November 4th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Whopper Junior

Scarlet is on a distinguished road

OK, so, this is my experiance with a so called "cold air" intake from Volant. It would seem to me that being a cold air intake system, that it would be sealed, right? So no hot air can enter into the stream. When I got the Volant system and I opened the box, right away I see that the airbox has a HUGE gapeing hole in it's side. How is this a "sealed cold air system"? But, I figured that they new something I didn't. So I took my stock stuff off and put it on. I did like the filter, and the nice big, unrestrictive intake tube. Right away, I of course noticed the sound of the intake. I liked it, but a bit droany. So I used it for a week or two. Didn't really notice a "big" improvement in performance, at least not by my pants. And my gas mileage seemed to drop by about 1-2 mpg. In fact, at the time I had a Keystone Bullet travel trailer that had a dry weight of about 6,700lbs.. The sound I got while towing it was truely awful, and my gas mileage dropped no less than two or three mpg.! This can't be happening? This is a sharp contrast to what I got when I had my StainlessWorks exhaust system installed. That made an already crazy fun ride truely Nuts! I went to thier website and posted the problem. Thier solution was to remove the protective piece of rubber from behind the headlight so it could get more air. Right? Well, I had enough of this. I yanked that puppy right off. I kept the intake tube on it. Then I took the stock airbox and cut the bottom out of it to get more air into the filter area, and put in a K+N panel filter (yea, I know. But I've been using them for years). Immediately, My pants felt better, and after a week or so I noticed that not only did my gas mileage go back up, but improved another one to two mpg on top of what I was getting before the Volant piece of crap. And to top it off, I went back to thier website, got on thier forums and said what a piece of junk it was. The next day my post was gone, and so was the entire thread I put it in. What do you think about that?!
Old Thu, November 15th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Big Sky State!!!!

Powerstroke Cowboy is on a distinguished road

I voted other.. Right now i have the DIY napa 6637 filter, but will be switching it out to a AFE that flows twice as much, and still is the same size AND it is the Dry filter that you can clean without having to put oil on it!