Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > General Vehicle Related Topics > Performance Modifications and Other Conversations

Performance Modifications and Other Conversations This is a place where we can have real, honest discussions about all things performance related.

Whether it's power adders, engine parts, configurations, injectors, tuning, or whatever else you can thing of, let's talk about it!

Old Tue, January 6th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Warranty Voider

Dixie Design is on a distinguished road
Default Magnaflow Exhaust

Trying to finish up my exhaust modifications tomorrow or Thurs, figured I'd post a video of the "before" I get out the saw and welder, lol.

What you'll hear here is an all Magnaflow setup:

High Flow Cats, removed y-pipe and replaced with an x-pipe for true duals, two 14" oval Magnaflow single chambered mufflers run to a pair of 3.5"x18" rolled edge tips.

Tomorrow I'm going to cut out the high flow cats just to see how it sounds and performs for a week or so, then depending on what I decide I'll either weld in my "replacement" pipes or remove the pre-cats and put the high flows back in so I only have 2 cats, why Ford decided to put 4 on these beasts I don't know. I'm sure there's a logical explanation.

I'll update with new exterior and in-cab clips after tomorrow/thursday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRQC9jsI2Ao
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Vids: Magnaflow Startup & Revs - Interior Exhaust Sounds
Old Tue, January 6th, 2009, 09:09 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Man, does that sound nice or what? Good job on that! It's got a nice note without being loud and obnoxious.

No doubt about it, Magnaflow does make a nice setup.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, January 7th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Warranty Voider

Cut out my rear cats today, I'd SWEAR my truck's quieter now. What gives!? I'll post vid clips tonight!
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Old Wed, January 7th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Double Whopper

jfuller5 will become famous soon enough
Default Which Exhaust ??

Hey Bill, What exhaust do you reccomend for 08 F150 supercrew 5.4 for daily driver and light towing? Looking for HP and MPG but still fairly quiet. Going to get a Gryphon with your Custom 87 performance tune but think I should get exhaust first, no CAI planned. What have you seen work? Single exhaust is ok . Thanks: Jim
Old Wed, January 7th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Psst... he'll correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm venturing a guess that he'll recommend the Magnaflow single-in/dual-out.

I'm not psychic :crystal: or anything. I know this because I'm the one that gets those phone calls every day asking what we recommend. There are some standard things that Bill likes -- one of them being the Magnaflow SIDO exhaust.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Thu, January 8th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Warranty Voider

Here's some new clips since I removed the rear cats yesterday afternoon

Start Up & Revs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_Wtv...eature=channel

Interior Sounds 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IysCo...eature=channel

Interior Sounds 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDMhQ...eature=channel
Old Thu, January 8th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Warranty Voider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfuller5 View Post
Hey Bill, What exhaust do you reccomend for 08 F150 supercrew 5.4 for daily driver and light towing? Looking for HP and MPG but still fairly quiet. Going to get a Gryphon with your Custom 87 performance tune but think I should get exhaust first, no CAI planned. What have you seen work? Single exhaust is ok . Thanks: Jim
Corey made a great recommendation there! I know you're asking Bill, but I'll chime in too if you don't mind The first exhaust mod I made was to replace my factory muffler with a 14" SI/SO and really liked it. With your truck having only 2 cats as opposed as the 4 mine came from the factory with, you'd a bit louder than I was with the SI/SO swap. A magnaflow SI/DO would be cost effective and sound even better! I'd probably stick with a 14" or 18" certainly nothing larger if you want more sound.
Old Thu, January 8th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Double Whopper

jfuller5 will become famous soon enough
Default Magnaflow SIDO

Thanks for the quick replies Corey and Dixie, sounds great but I am looking to not be too loud, what do you think. Jim
Old Thu, January 8th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Takin the low road.....

Cajun is on a distinguished road

What does removing the rear cats do to you at inspection time? I had no idea the new trucks had FOUR cats. :omg: With that much restriction, I'd bet exhaust doesn't do much for you performance wise unless you remove at least one set. GEEEZZZZ the government is killing the hot rodder....stupid government.....

QueenCityBashers.com
South Central NC RC Bashers
Old Thu, January 8th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Warranty Voider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfuller5 View Post
Thanks for the quick replies Corey and Dixie, sounds great but I am looking to not be too loud, what do you think. Jim
Can always start with a 14" SI/SO, from what you've said thus far I'd say you'd be thrilled!

As for my inspection woe, have none. Down here in South Georgia they don't only skip the "sniffer" we don't even HAVE inspections!!