Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Wed, April 1st, 2009, 01:22 PM
PHP Tuned and Vegistroked

Location: Highland, NY in Ulster County (Hudson Valley / Catskills Region)
muns53 is on a distinguished road
Default Lovin' my Gryphon 7.3L

Well, I thought my Ex was cool and fun before with my lift and my intake and fat exhaust... WRONG!

But, it's suuure fuuuuun noooooooowwwwwww!!

As I shared with Corey in an email a few minutes ago, I had my truck programmed within 10 minutes of opening the box on Monday (while chewing un a yummy PHP mint - cute touch). I'm just running on level 2 canned tune right now, 'cause I don't have my EGT probe installed yet. But that will be remedied on Sunday, which is also the day I'm installing my Vegistroke V3 system.

Initial impressions are that the throttle response is amazing; the launch from whatever mph to whatever mph is instant; the cruizing at 60, 65, 70 and 75 is almost effortless; the fuel efficiency just went up another couple of mpg.

Looking forward to living with it for a while and posting up some real numbers. Maybe do some 0-60 runs programmed vs stock and some mpg numbers after a full tank of fuel.

Ahhh. Truck toys, what could be better? Well...
Old Fri, June 5th, 2009, 09:48 AM
PHP Tuned and Vegistroked

Location: Highland, NY in Ulster County (Hudson Valley / Catskills Region)
muns53 is on a distinguished road

Got a custom 80HP Tune - running it as my daily driver now. It absolutely blows away the canned "Level 2" tune that came with the Gryphon. The shift points are so much better and more intuitive, the low-end and mid-range acceleration is SO much better, the engine shifts more smoothly during 0-70mph runs, (and the truck gets there much quicker), the boost stays spooled up better (and I don't get the big "splooshes" I used to get when it lets off w- my DIY Napa/Zoodad air intake at shifts), the fuel economy appears to be about ANOTHER 2mpg better, the engine sounds smoother, etc. etc. etc.

THANKS BILL!! I must say... folks are just plain not to be running your tunes.

Hi, my name is Eric and my rig is PHP-Tuned...