Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Wed, November 10th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

cj45lc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
CJ,

I, like you, are pretty darn tired of nutswingers. I don't understand why it's so difficult for some folks to keep an open mind about other companies or products. I've gotten in to pissing matches with folks about certain tunes from DP and despite the insurmountable evidence, they refuse to accept the fact that there have been an unusually large number of PMR failures related to some of their tunes. They just don't understand that I don't care whose tunes they run. All I'm asking is that they just check and make sure that the tunes are safe and if not, get them fixed. I don't see why that has to be such a big deal.

The thing is this... if Bean's, Tony, Swamp's, Matt, or anyone else was having problem with windowing engines, I'd call them out as well. It's nothing personal against Jody, it's just a simple fact that he's tuned more windowed blocks than ALL other tuner's combined... including us. The only thing I'm left with is to just let people find out the hard way.

All I ever ask customers to do is to do their homework, contact the different vendors, and pick the one that works for you. There are a number of vendors that provide good products and it just comes down to who you are comfortable with.

Well... that's my rant for today.
First thing apology to Bob for the Hi-Jack... Bill that's the thing that gets me is all the info is out there ..... but! I really need to keep my mouth shut but that deal on PSN with that clown REALLY GAVE ME THE RED *** sorry. Hope Corey can get something done with the migraines. Ya'll always in my prayers God Bless you & yours
Old Wed, November 10th, 2010, 10:23 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

No worries. It's all good in the end.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, November 10th, 2010, 10:25 AM

Robert6401 is on a distinguished road

No worries, I get frustrated with the "nutswingers" too. I am curious about the PSN thread now, will have to do a search.

2003 F250 Lariat 7.3PSD CC SB FX4

Kwik (6637) Filter, RE 2.5" leveling kit, F350 Rear Blocks, TC Lock, Fumoto, EBPV/Exhaust Brake,6.0 Tranny Cooler, AIH Delete, IssPro EV2 Gauges, PHP Phoenix stock, 25tow, 40tow, 65tow, 80dd, 100perf, In-tank mods, Muffler Delete, WW, FRx,HPx, JW Stage 1 Trans, Swamps HV/HF IDM
-Pulling a 38' Forest River Sierra 5th Wheel
Old Wed, November 24th, 2010, 10:15 AM

Robert6401 is on a distinguished road

JW Trans is installed and while I am really pleased with the performance of it I do have a question with regards to tuning for it. If I am accelerating anywhere between somewhat agressively and WOT, the shifts are perfect. By "somewhat agressively" I mean about 2200rpm or so. The problem is, in traffic I cannot usually get above 1800rpm when accelerating without running into the cars in front of me, and at that RPM the shifts are a bit harsh. It kinda feels like the trans is being thrown into the next gear. I am trying to get in touch with John to get his take, but I was also wondering if this is something that can be manipulated in the tunes. I would assume so, BUT the shifting is the same when I remove the chip completely as well.

Thanks for the help!

2003 F250 Lariat 7.3PSD CC SB FX4

Kwik (6637) Filter, RE 2.5" leveling kit, F350 Rear Blocks, TC Lock, Fumoto, EBPV/Exhaust Brake,6.0 Tranny Cooler, AIH Delete, IssPro EV2 Gauges, PHP Phoenix stock, 25tow, 40tow, 65tow, 80dd, 100perf, In-tank mods, Muffler Delete, WW, FRx,HPx, JW Stage 1 Trans, Swamps HV/HF IDM
-Pulling a 38' Forest River Sierra 5th Wheel