Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Tue, June 29th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Whopper Junior

bakerbuilttracks is on a distinguished road
Default edge evo question

if anyone is familar with the edge evo as far as set up goes i have a few questions. thanks
Old Tue, June 29th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

What are the questions? Otherwise it's hard to answer them.
Old Tue, June 29th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Whopper Junior

i got a late 99 7.3 w/4r100 tranny. was wondering how to set this thing up for when i tow so i dont fry the tranny. like the firmness settings and shift pts
Old Wed, June 30th, 2010, 09:01 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

The firmer the better...until it feels like a mule kicking the back of your seat.
The higher the shift points, the easier the tow will be (especially once you start towing really heavy loads).

You won't fry the transmission with the stock settings in the tow setting, but there is always a little bit of room for improvement.
Old Thu, July 1st, 2010, 04:39 PM
Whopper Junior

yea i got em pretty high. now what about the shift points 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 it says - beening quicker and + being faster shifts. i have fooled with it but need to know where in what gear is good. also the "low boost fuel adj." it goes from 0.4 to like 1.4 what should i do there
Old Thu, July 1st, 2010, 06:08 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

That's the beauty of being able to fine tune stuff.

I prefer my 1-2 shift at 15-18 MPH. It's high, but I like it.
I prefer the 2-3 shift to happen at about 30 MPH.
I like the 3-4 to occur at about 55 MPH minimum.

That's just me.

As far as the low boost fueling goes, the values represent a multiplier from stock. This limits the amount of smoke (and affects the "throttle response") when there isn't any turbocharger boost.

Again, personal preference. You'll have to decide where your comfort zone is with turbo lag and smoke control....it will be different for every truck, so have fun with it! Regardless, the Evolution isn't going to let you get away with enough to break anything.
Old Thu, July 1st, 2010, 08:42 PM
Whopper Junior

awsome info thanks. im just trying to figure out a good combo for my fuel economy/daily driving as well as a good setup for towing. do you have any suggestions on the settings for those two. im towing arround 12k to 16k just depends. i got 315/75-16 tires, edge evo, aem bruit force intake, wicked wheel, 4" turbo back stright pipe, bd wastegate, ccv mod, custom built shift kit and a heavy duity converter
Old Fri, July 2nd, 2010, 08:35 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Usually, the lower the shift speeds, the better the economy. However, if you are shifting too early into certain gears while driving around town, you can end up lugging too much or constantly upshifting/downshifting. Higher LBF will usually help while towing to get the turbocharger spooled up a little bit better under load while limiting the LBF will help with economy while just cruising around.