Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Tue, September 28th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Double Whopper

AussieOiler is on a distinguished road
Question 6 Pos Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by O SEA D View Post
Hello Reg I think it took about 10 days from when I placed the order till I recieved the chip and the postage was about $45.
G'day Scott,

How is it all goin' mate? I guess your around

I got a reply from Corey (see FU; FU2 Tread "Delivery downunder") saying the same thing as you stated. That is it takes 10 days from order received to receive an FU Chip Downunder.
From ordering to getting it in Aussie in 10 days is pretty darn good going. Just another tick in the box for PHP
Corey says she sent it to Warana in QLD; I presume that is your FU Chip?

Corey mentioned that because of our RHD set up, the 'Switch Cable' can prove to be a tad short and this limits the mounting position to the centre of the console?
Did you find the mounting of the switch to be somewhat limited due to the cable length?
Have you found any drawback from having to mount the switch in the console centre?
Corey says that TS is developing a longer 'Switch Cable' and it may well be available late October. Do you think it worth waiting for a longer cable?

Got any more pics of your modified 'PCM Bracket' and your 'Switch' mounted position?

Cheers,
Reg ... Hows the fishin?
[/SIGPIC] Aussie 2005(US 2003)F-250 SD 4x4 7.3Ltr PS: AIS Intake,Zoodad,Cowl Hood,AIH delete,DIY CCV,PHP FU2 Chip,RiffRaff FRx,HPx & OCR,BTM Exhaust,HD rear spring set,Front leveler spring, Dual Tower shocks front,Tough Dog Damper,ARB Air Lockers Front & Rear,V10 Tranny cooler+OEM Cooler, BD Deep Pan,JWVB,Long Range Fuel Tank,Edge Evo2,VMS In Dash Nav. GVM(GVWR)Upgraded to 5,000k(LT Rated F350+).
Old Fri, October 1st, 2010, 06:54 PM
Whopper

O SEA D is on a distinguished road

G'day Reg I'm still lovin the Chip.

I live in Warana so I would say that was me that Corey was talking about.

I did ask Corey about a longer switch cable because I could only get the switch to the centre of the truck and was a bit worried that one of my passengers could switch it when I was going down the road.

I guess that the position I mounted it in will not really pose a problem, it was just that I had seen where everyone in the States were mounting there's and thought it would be best to do the same.

I think I can live with it's position but I guess a longer cable would have been better to limit access more to the driver only.

I notched out a small peice of the PCM bracket (1cm X 2cm)that allows the cable to exit the bracket but that is all I did because I can easily remove the bracket to get at the chip without having to remove the PCM by getting to the 10mm bolt under the bonnet.

Next time I take out the chip I will take some more photos of the bracket for you if you'd like.

Scott
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0710.JPG (181.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0711.JPG (144.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0713.JPG (136.1 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by O SEA D; Fri, October 1st, 2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old Fri, October 1st, 2010, 09:56 PM
Double Whopper

Default PHP Switch & PCM Bracket

Quote:

I did ask Corey about a longer switch cable because I could only get the switch to the centre of the truck and was a bit worried that one of my passengers could switch it when I was going down the road.

I guess that the position I mounted it in will not really pose a problem, it was just that I had seen where everyone in the States were mounting there's and thought it would be best to do the same.

I think I can live with it's position but I guess a longer cable would have been better to limit access more to the driver only.

I notched out a small peice of the PCM bracket (1cm X 2cm)that allows the cable to exit the bracket but that is all I did because I can easily remove the bracket to get at the chip without having to remove the PCM by getting to the 10mm bolt under the bonnet.

Next time I take out the chip I will take some more photos of the bracket for you if you'd like.

Scott
G'day Scott,
I'm really glad to hear that you are over the moon with the FU Chip
The switch pos'n seems ok there. But your point about 'fiddlers' playing with settings could be too much of a temptation.
I'll wait and see when Corey comes up with an availability date for the longer cable. She mentioned late this month. But I'm wanting to order my chip in a couple of weeks to have the delivery arrive home around the same time as I get home from sea at the end of the month.
I have to make a run up to Nanango to see my old man pretty well as soon as I get home (poor old fella is terminal with the big 'C' and not expected to make Christmas). That's a good 5,000km round trip to sort out the Chip over varying terrain and I may be pulling the Rough road van yet. So it would be a very good test with the FU2 6 POs'n and the JWVB.
Pretty well set on: 25hp Extreme Tow, 40hp Heavy Tow, 65hp Medium Tow, 80hp Light tow, 80hp DD & 100hp Perf.
Appreciate the explainations & pics mate. Any more you take will be appreciated.
Cheers fer now,
Reg.
[/SIGPIC] Aussie 2005(US 2003)F-250 SD 4x4 7.3Ltr PS: AIS Intake,Zoodad,Cowl Hood,AIH delete,DIY CCV,PHP FU2 Chip,RiffRaff FRx,HPx & OCR,BTM Exhaust,HD rear spring set,Front leveler spring, Dual Tower shocks front,Tough Dog Damper,ARB Air Lockers Front & Rear,V10 Tranny cooler+OEM Cooler, BD Deep Pan,JWVB,Long Range Fuel Tank,Edge Evo2,VMS In Dash Nav. GVM(GVWR)Upgraded to 5,000k(LT Rated F350+).
Old Sun, October 3rd, 2010, 03:55 PM
Whopper

O SEA D is on a distinguished road

Mate very sorry to hear about your old man.
Scott
Old Mon, October 4th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Double Whopper

Default Thanks for thoughts

Quote:
Mate very sorry to hear about your old man.
Scott
G'day Scott,

Thank you for the thought mate.
I went up and saw him and Mum last time I was home and he wasn't too bad.
I managed to get myself and the 4 sisters together so as we all could say our bit and get his wishes together.
Very tough thing to do, but we all have to face it one day.
I'm the only boy and I got my time with him and we walked down to the dam in the back paddock and sat on the disc plough for a long chat. He told me that he's not scared where he is going, he's always been a good man and holds no fear.
He's almost bed ridden now. My good wife is up there and the 4 sisters take turns standing a watch.
As is his orders to all: No long faces, keep laughing and joking. So their taking the piss out of him constantly and it's all a cheerie atmosphere.
He's determined to hang in there until I get back home from sea.
I see it as another incentive for him to keep going.
He's 82 and reckons he's had a good innings

Cheers Mate,
Reg.
Old Tue, October 12th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Double Whopper

Default ORDERED CHIP

Quote:

Scott
G'day Scott,

Well mate, I pulled the trigger and my Chip & Tunes are being written some time this week

So how are yours going? I presume that you have given most of them a little test run and worked out which suits your purposes the best.

If you have anymore pics of your install, I'd apprecitate a couple to use as reference Your the pioneer hear mate

I guess the weather is giving you a bit of a floggin' up there mate?
You've probably not been able to put the fishin' boat in?
But there's a bright side ... you've had time to play with the truck and the PHP Chip

Trust all is well.

Cheers,
Reg
Old Sat, December 25th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Double Whopper

Chip Install (Aussie RHD)

Quote:

Scott
G'day Scott,

Seasons greetings to you and the family and may 20011 be a safe happy one.

Well I ended up being away at sea for 100+ days and only just got home here in SA. The old man is resting peacefully and his suffering is over. I was lucky enough to get a week with him before he passed away.

Anyway, I been home just a week today and I've had a few good runs in the truck. The PHP FU2 Chip 'is' all it's cracked up to be and the truck runs like a dream. I'm running around in the 80DD tune all the time at present and it performs really well.

I looked at a different way of fitting the chip & switch in.
As the PCM is positioned on the left side in a fore & aft (alongships) horizontal configuration and high up in the foot well, I went with the following install.

I got a piece of good insertion rubber and cut it into shape. Even stepped it on one end to fit over the screw head. Used a wad punch to make a hole to take the switch cable and cut a slit to enable the cover to slip over the cable.

This makes it very easy to remove and re-insert the chip.

I fitted the 6 Pos'n Switch in the same place as you did.
I just used some 'white out' to mark the 6 Positions. I sat in the drivers seat and marked each one from that position to eliminate the parallax error so as each click will land opposite the indicated mark. I'm in the process of designing a custom 'Bezel' to fit around the switch make the whole fit look finished.

I put these pics as one of my albums on this site.

Take care mate,
Reg.