Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Fri, October 29th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Whopper Junior

strecks is on a distinguished road
Need some info

ok so I am new here, I have a 2000 f350 with a 7.3 turbo. I use it to haul fiberglass swimming pools....lots and lots of wind drag. I am looking at a 2000 international with a 7.3 turbo to add to my fleet...ya right fleet. Anyway, I am told the turbo is not working and that there was oil and diesel fuel under the turbo. I guess I have 3 questions....what parts are interchangeable between the ford and international versions, can you do a complete engine swap between them, and lastly I was told that the oil and diesel leakage was a sign of an upper engine problem. This truck only has 120k miles on it and was an old fire rescue vehicle so it was well maintained, so my last question is ..is this a potentially a big problem?

thanks in advance
Old Mon, November 1st, 2010, 12:41 PM
Bacon King

Pocket is on a distinguished road

Diesel fuel and oil leaks on top of the engine are nearly always cheap fixes. Typically some o-ring failure.

As for the turbo, verify it's bad first before you start replacing parts. Check for shaft play, and the wheel should not touch the housing at all.