Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Sat, October 30th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Whopper

SubVet is on a distinguished road
Default PCM code??? and tunes???

Ok, I'm about ready to order my chip, (6 position)

I think the PCM code is 2KWM or 2KMW it was very hard to read. I also saw a VCEE on the sticker

I don't tow often, but when I do it is around 8k, there could be occasions that I tow 10 or 11K, which tow setting should I get? Since I am planning only to get 1 tow setting.

This is what I am thinking, any thoughts? I mostly use the truck for fun, I like smoke, but want to preserve my transmission as long as possible and want the fuel economy.

1. Stock
2. High Idle - 1,100rpm
3. 80hp Daily Driver (how hard is this on my tranny?)
4. 65hp Moderate Tow ????
5. 100hp Performance
6. 140hp Extreme

My truck is a 99 (jan. 6 1999 build date on the motor) f250, 4" exhaust, 89k miles, 4x4, 4r100, 4 exhaust, Airaid intake, AIH delete, HPX, stock injectors, stock turbo, gauges (egt, trans, boost)

Thanks,
Jim
Old Mon, November 1st, 2010, 05:13 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubVet View Post
Ok, I'm about ready to order my chip, (6 position)

I think the PCM code is 2KWM or 2KMW it was very hard to read. I also saw a VCEE on the sticker If you check that PCM code again, you'll probably see that it says "NVK2".

I don't tow often, but when I do it is around 8k, there could be occasions that I tow 10 or 11K, which tow setting should I get? Since I am planning only to get 1 tow setting. Unless you have a pyrometer, I would recommend the 40T program.

This is what I am thinking, any thoughts? I mostly use the truck for fun, I like smoke, but want to preserve my transmission as long as possible and want the fuel economy. Smoke, fun, and power are on the opposite end of the spectrum as fuel economy.

1. Stock
2. High Idle - 1,100rpm
3. 80hp Daily Driver (how hard is this on my tranny?)
4. 65hp Moderate Tow ????
5. 100hp Performance
6. 140hp Extreme

My truck is a 99 (jan. 6 1999 build date on the motor) f250, 4" exhaust, 89k miles, 4x4, 4r100, 4 exhaust, Airaid intake, AIH delete, HPX, stock injectors, stock turbo, gauges (egt, trans, boost)

Thanks,
Jim
See replies in red.