Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Thu, December 2nd, 2021, 09:06 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all
Default Been a while.

So I bought another 7.3. Why not have seven?

1999.5 Crewcab longbox with a bad (but still running) engine. Pretty nice shape overall. I think I might be able to flip it.....until I get attached and keep it too - just like the others. I've got an engine ready on the cherrypicker to plop in it when I get time to get it in the shop and donate a few hours to the R&R.
Old Fri, December 3rd, 2021, 12:50 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
One for every day of the week. No sweat!

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, December 3rd, 2021, 07:12 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post

That's what my dad says.

Not saying you're old.......
Old Wed, December 29th, 2021, 08:51 PM
Big Sky State!!!!

Powerstroke Cowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
For sure!

Minotaur user.
Old Wed, December 29th, 2021, 08:53 PM
Big Sky State!!!!

Powerstroke Cowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post

1999.5 Crewcab longbox with a bad (but still running) engine. Pretty nice shape overall. I think I might be able to flip it.....until I get attached and keep it too - just like the others. I've got an engine ready on the cherrypicker to plop in it when I get time to get it in the shop and donate a few hours to the R&R.
Do you have a build thread on the 7.3L crown vic? I think it would be fun to read.

Can a guy ever have to many 7.3s? I am looking to stick one in a loader tractor.

Minotaur user.
Old Thu, January 13th, 2022, 10:09 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Next project:

Bill is pretty familiar with the 2000 2wd and now it's going to be better.

Over the 11 years that I've owned it, it's just been a fun "driver". It went to Atlanta completely stock with 248000 miles. It got some 160/100% injectors while there, started on fire, made a few dragstrip passes with a one-legger rear axle and Transforce AT tires, and broke the flexplate while trying to leave on its journey home.

I put factory 5-spoke 20's from an 06 on it almost 9 years ago with 2" spacers all around. Then I put in 2012 rear axle with an electric locker and ditched the rear spacers. I've just had spacers in the front for 3 years and decided to finally do something about the worthless twin I-beam in the front that would allow me to also ditch the spacers and have brakes that fill the open spaces in the wheels (and the rears are already too big for 16s thanks to the later axle). I am about to swap in a 2wd monobeam from an F450.

I can't wait to get started.
Old Fri, January 14th, 2022, 08:15 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Replacing that flexplate was interesting. Easy enough, but such a weird thing to break. Fortunately, you were only about an hour out when it crapped out. BTW... Still have any fire extinguisher dust on the engine anywhere?

Looking forward to this project. Always liked that truck.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sat, January 22nd, 2022, 04:39 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Here are the parts. Complete suspension was included. New-looking brake pads and the caliper pins even move free. The ball joints have been replaced at some point so hopefully they aren't shot.

If the schedule doesn't fill up this week, I might get it in.

Gotta modify the brake caliper brackets slightly but there will still be more meat than the stock 2000 parts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220122_090647.jpg (945.0 KB, 5 views)
Old Mon, January 24th, 2022, 11:11 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Here's stock vs. modified caliper brackets. It really didn't take too much grinding and I have a minimum of 1/4" clearance to the wheel at any point.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220124_100736.jpg (853.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 20220124_100750.jpg (840.1 KB, 4 views)
Old Mon, January 24th, 2022, 12:04 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Oops..double post.