Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford - All Other Vehicles > 1972 and Older Vintage Vehicles

1972 and Older Vintage Vehicles Basically anything 1972 and older... Before the EPA decided to make everyone install catalytic converters and smog pumps.

Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 09:28 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Nice pics! A couple things I noticed... 289 4-bbl & Factory A/C! Awesome project car.

Also glad to see your son taking an interest in it. It's something I wish I could have done with my dad, but he was 1500 miles away in Colorado during most of my formative years. Had to learn everything on my own. My boys (especially Wil) are totally absorbed with cars and trucks and I hope to be able to nurture that interest into something that will last a lifetime.

Keep us posted as the car progresses. Unfortunately, I'll have to live vicariously through your project for now.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, March 25th, 2009, 11:43 PM
Whopper

EddiesF150 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Nice pics! A couple things I noticed... 289 4-bbl & Factory A/C! Awesome project car.

Also glad to see your son taking an interest in it. It's something I wish I could have done with my dad, but he was 1500 miles away in Colorado during most of my formative years. Had to learn everything on my own. My boys (especially Wil) are totally absorbed with cars and trucks and I hope to be able to nurture that interest into something that will last a lifetime.

Keep us posted as the car progresses. Unfortunately, I'll have to live vicariously through your project for now.
It is a 289 4v 4 speed, but the air was aftermarket. My dad ordered this car from Horn Williams Ford, and he wanted the Hi-Po, but because my mom would be driving it 40 miles roundtrip to work and back everyday (he was actually buying it for her), he decided that he didn't want to be adjusting valve lash every other weekend and settled on the next level down, the 289 4V Premium. Ordered it in late March '66, made pick-up April 13th.

He ordered it without A/C, because he could get it installed at Tommy White's Automotive (he used to work there) cheaper than the factory A/C option.

I wasn't born until 1970, so I remember that car all my life. I overdosed on Children's Congesprin (remember those anyone?) when I was 4, and went to the hospital in that car. They made me drink so much milk that on the way home I threw up all in the back floorboard!

I got my first french kiss sitting in that car when I was 13 (the car was parked in the back yard, so she and I were sitting in it and that's all I have to say about that...)

Sorry about hi-jacking the thread, I'll quit now
Old Thu, March 26th, 2009, 07:58 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Dad got one back in 67. It was burgandy with a black convertable top. Had the 289 w 4 bbl and 4 speed. You know what? He kicks himself for getting rid of it! Back when he got rid of it he said the car had problems keeping the rear end in it. It also had problems keeping u-joints.(Hmmm wonder what that was from?)

But here is the real kicker for $1000 more in 67 he could have gotten a vette!

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Fri, December 25th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

AZFX4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddiesF150 View Post
It is a 289 4v 4 speed, but the air was aftermarket. My dad ordered this car from Horn Williams Ford, and he wanted the Hi-Po, but because my mom would be driving it 40 miles roundtrip to work and back everyday (he was actually buying it for her), he decided that he didn't want to be adjusting valve lash every other weekend and settled on the next level down, the 289 4V Premium. Ordered it in late March '66, made pick-up April 13th.

He ordered it without A/C, because he could get it installed at Tommy White's Automotive (he used to work there) cheaper than the factory A/C option.

I wasn't born until 1970, so I remember that car all my life. I overdosed on Children's Congesprin (remember those anyone?) when I was 4, and went to the hospital in that car. They made me drink so much milk that on the way home I threw up all in the back floorboard!

I got my first french kiss sitting in that car when I was 13 (the car was parked in the back yard, so she and I were sitting in it and that's all I have to say about that...)

Sorry about hi-jacking the thread, I'll quit now
Haha nice story.. And nice Stang!
Old Tue, December 14th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Whopper

Toigs325 is on a distinguished road

I have a 66 Mustang...waterski boat

It is a restoration project that I found in a farmers back yard and I have put alot of work into it. It has a K-Code 289 out of a 67 Ford Mustang. It is a 16ft Correct Craft Mustang (same company that makes Ski Nautiques), with a gas pedal and velvet drive tranny. Does 45mph on the GPS and sounds like a Harley Davidson. It definitely draws attention on the lakes.

I am moving now so it is actually for sale...let me know if you are interested

Image attached - I am the guy driving
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Boat In Water.JPG (128.7 KB, 6 views)