Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sat, April 28th, 2012, 01:56 AM
Double Whopper

NITEMARE07 is on a distinguished road
Default custom tunes?

So i know i'm still a green horn at all of this vehicle programming stuff but know some basics. About a year ago i bought a gryphon from php. Love it! However i have made drastic changes to the exhaust which means i need custom tune. Once i put in my order in (which i haven't done yet)the what is the next step once the tune is finished? The only internet access i have is via cell phone and am horrible with computers. It would be possible for me to come to the shop if i had to rather than sending my tuner by mail or ups. I have emailed bill about setting up an appointment but no response. I'm sure he is busy so maybe someone else can provide me with some direction. Another reason i would prefer to make an appointment is because my truck has a strange "skip" to it at low speeds. I have posted previously on here about it so i wont go into much detail. I would just like for Bill to see what it is doing before a tune is wrote and it still does the same thing. Just wanting to make sure it gets done right the first time. No offense to php guys but here lately i have lost confidence in people in general. Thanks for reading all this mess and your time. As i said i am new to programming so bare with me.
Old Sat, April 28th, 2012, 02:05 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Michael,

I'm not sure why, but I've not received an e-mail from you. I apologize about that.

In regards to coming by, we'd be more than happy to set you up an appointment. I'm at the shop tomorrow after 10:00 if you'd like to schedule something. We can then take a look at the truck and see if there's anything we can identify that is causing your "skip".

If you can make it Saturday, please post back by 9:00 am and I'll get in touch with you to set up a time.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sat, April 28th, 2012, 02:30 AM
Double Whopper

NITEMARE07 is on a distinguished road

Sweet! That works well for me. We are leaving Sunday to go up north so the several days after that is slim pickens as my dad says. Hopefully we (actually probably just you lol) can get this "skip" figured out and get a custom tune i have been needing. Just hope it doesnt break my wallet. I have a feeling it might be because it is flex fuel and i dont recall putting that on the order form when i got the gryphon. I'm afraid to tow anything large which kinda makes my job harder. The strange thing is this "skip" doesn't occur in stock or trans only mode. Not sure if my number is in my profile but my email should be in your file from when i ordered last year. I will have my eyes and ears opened and listening.

Thanks a million times over! ,
Michael McClain