Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford - All Other Vehicles > 1994 to 2020 Ford Cars

1994 to 2020 Ford Cars All OBD-II vehicles go here. Mustangs, T-Birds, Cougars, Taurus SHOs, Contours, Focus, Mark-VIIIs, GTs, and anything else you can think of will be right at home.
If you have questions about late model cars or just have a nice one to brag about, here's the spot for you, too!

Old Tue, May 10th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

martinoledad is on a distinguished road
Default 2011 5.0 mustang

Has bill or anybody here done any tuning on the new 5.0 liter in the new mustangs. With gas prices going up im debating on trading in my truck because of rising gas prices, and im thinking about getting a mustang but ill only do it if i can get a new or barely used 5.0 GT. Then i want to wait a couple of years because im thinking about going back to the Fx2 instead of the Fx4. I was thinking today and came to the conclusion that a FX2 with an ecoboost engine would be BAD!!! but if i go this route it will be a couple of years before i can do this.

Decisions Decisions

40 series Flowmasters, K@N CAI, Jet MAF, Troyer Under Drive Pulleys, Stainless Works Longtube headers/Hi Flow CATS w/X-pipe, Ram Air Hood G-Force, SCT X3 programmer with custom tunes
Old Mon, May 16th, 2011, 02:20 AM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

I dont know if anyone here has done anything to the new 5.0... but I am thinking I see an ecoboost in my future as well... If I decide I can afford it haha! , My friend has one, and with the tuning he has and the mods that he has done, headers, and exhaust, sct tuner with custom tunes, $3k aftermarket stereo, and a few others I think, he gets 17 mpg's in the city, 20something on the highway... so not too much better, but every mpg helps! .
Old Mon, May 16th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

martinoledad is on a distinguished road

You need to introduce me to this friend of yours so he can share the wealth. 17 MPG in the city, is that like big city or small town city because I would kill for the kind of gas mileage.

40 series Flowmasters, K@N CAI, Jet MAF, Troyer Under Drive Pulleys, Stainless Works Longtube headers/Hi Flow CATS w/X-pipe, Ram Air Hood G-Force, SCT X3 programmer with custom tunes
Old Thu, April 19th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Double Whopper

NITEMARE07 is on a distinguished road

I will throw this out there for you to consider. Me and the wife recently traded her 08 f150 limited which got 17 mpg for a 2011 5.0 mustang gt (slightly used which helped on the trade in). We decided to do this because i have a 2007 f150 4×4 and didnt see the need for two trucks in the driveway. I have nothing but awesome things to say about these new gen mustangs with 5.0. GOBS of power which rockets the stang to 0-60 in 1st gear in the blink of an eye and 1/4 mile (depending on driver) in mid to high 12 second bracket! Thats straight from dealership by the way. With all that talk about power I'm sure you guys are thinking ok so mpg probably sucks. Wrong! In the city with stomping on it frequently we get 20 mpg. Long trips we get almost 26 mpg! Warning!: if you drive one, you will want it! Granted it is a far cry from the creature comforts of the truck so if you're a big dude, dont get it. Of coarse dont get it for the spacious back seat either. We are very happy with this car and will never get rid of it. LOVE IT!
Old Fri, September 7th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

I just got a 2013, and I definitly agree, if you want one, don't drive one or else you won't be satisfied until you get one! lol. .