Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > Prayer Requests

Prayer Requests Let's face it -- there are times when everyone could use a few extra prayers coming their way. Feel free to post about prayers needed for yourself, family, friends, and anyone else!

Old Thu, May 21st, 2009, 04:45 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light
Default Corey Needs Prayers -- Update 5/26

About 5AM, I woke up with major chest pains and figured I had heartburn (I've never had it before). Billy gave me some bread and a cup of milk, but it didn't have any affect. After about an hour, I went online and after reading a bit, I decided that I probably wasn't having a heart attack, but by 8:30, I was so miserable that I asked Billy to run to the store and get some medicine. I drank about 1/4 bottle of Maalox, and it seemed to help some. An hour later, though, I was miserable. I told Billy that it felt like someone had thrown a spear through my chest. I downed some more Maalox and slept upright for about half an hour.

I made a doctor's appointment for 2:20 and counted the minutes...

About 1:45, I wasn't feeling too bad, and since we don't have insurance, I was going to cancel the appointment. I lay down for a minute, and the pain got worse, so off we went.

Well, as it turns out, my doctor THINKS I have a gall stone and that my gall bladder will likely have to be removed, and I was sent for an abdominal ultrasound. We don't know a thing yet except that gall bladder pain comes in waves (that's why I THOUGHT the Maalox had worked...), and to get me through the night, I'm supposed to take my migraine medicine for the pain.

I've had a ton of surgeries, but none of them were abdominal, so that's a little freaky. What scares me more is the expense that we're likely to incur. Heck, today was $400 out of pocket, and both offices gave us a 50% discount! The blood work will be about another $150, and that's only the beginning...

Please keep us in your prayers. I've been talking to God all day, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind it if he heard just a little more about me from you.

OH! As it turns out, the more I find out about this gall bladder thing, the more I think my 11 days of "food poisoning" was probably related to my gall bladder. I won't gross you out with the details.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019

Last edited by Corey Cohron RIP; Tue, May 26th, 2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old Thu, May 21st, 2009, 05:23 PM
who knows ??

Georgia Diesel is on a distinguished road

my wife add to have hers removed. same thing your going thru now. We will remember you in your time of need. may god bless you in your time of need. take care.
crew cab 4-wheel drive 03 f-250 6 uh oleaker.4 inch staight pipe..12 years of being a diesel tech..i love helping others..feel free to call with any concerns..706-244-4955 got the truck put back to factory tuning the day she rolled of the factory line, TEC3..ficm,tcm,ecm...php is the best
Old Thu, May 21st, 2009, 05:29 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Don't suffer any more get it taken out!!!

My mom suffered with hers for 6 years and it added up the biils real quick. Finally the right doctor took it out!

Prayers sent

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, May 21st, 2009, 07:20 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Oh heck, Corey - I just saw this over on f150Online. I'm so unhappy for you. You deserve a break, not more crap like this.

You're in my thoughts, as always. Keep up the fight and let us know how things are going.

- Jack
Old Thu, May 21st, 2009, 07:39 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

Best Wishes for you and hope u get better soon. You are right in negotiating the fees. a cash paying patient should not have to pay more than 50% of charges, Consider that most insurance companies only pay 35-45% of the billed amount. Also contact a large insurance carrier and find out what they consider "reasonable and customary"charges for whatever you have done and make an agreement for amount and payment with the hospital/Dr. ahead of time..... use what the insurance pays as a baseline
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Thu, May 21st, 2009, 08:36 PM
Double Whopper

dlmcbm is on a distinguished road

Iam no doctor but it sounds like acid reflux to me. It seems to be only when you lay down. I had this once and it woke me up in the middle of the night. I was scared to death. It felt like my heart. after a doc. visit just ended up being acid reflux. took some zantac and all was good.

I hope and pray that is something simple like that.

2001 F-350 crew cab 4X4
DIY napa air filter
4" turbo back exhaust
PHP flip chip--- stock,fuel sipper, 100hp, 140hp
Old Fri, May 22nd, 2009, 09:26 AM
Warranty Voider

Dixie Design is on a distinguished road

I'll chat it up with the man upstairs
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Vids: Magnaflow Startup & Revs - Interior Exhaust Sounds
Old Fri, May 22nd, 2009, 03:56 PM
Bacon King

Desert Racer is on a distinguished road

Best of luck and hope you get feeling better! Chest pains suck.
Old Fri, May 22nd, 2009, 04:44 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Okay, so the results from the ultrasound came back today. Billy talked with the doctor and then came in to give me the news.

"You should be very proud," Bill told me.
"Proud? Why? I asked.
"Well, the doctor said that the opening to your gallbladder is about 3 mm, and most gallstones are a couple of millimeters wide -- like a bb."
"And?"
"Yours is ten times that big. It's about 3 cm in diameter. There's no way that thing's ever going to pass."

So, where are we now? We have an appointment with the surgeon on Tuesday morning, and I will likely have my gallbladder removed next Friday. My regular MD called in a prescription for an antibiotic (my white cells are high) and some more pain meds (same good stuff I use for my migraines ). We've been told that if the pain gets really bad before Tuesday or if my fever gets too high, we're to go directly to the hospital.

I'm a little nervous but also very interested to see what removing my gallbladder will do. After all, that gallstone didn't get that big overnight, and we're curious to see if I'll feel like a new person after it's gone! This may just be a blessing in disguise!

Thanks for the prayers! Keep 'em coming!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, May 22nd, 2009, 05:01 PM
Double Whopper

Location: 2nd star to the right, straight on 'til morning(Ohio)
SubiGT is on a distinguished road

Corey,

You'll be fine after the surgery, just have to be really careful with fatty foods and such until your body adjusts to the lack of bile storage. You might find that some of your favorite foods don't sit so well anymore, but moderation and time should cure all that. My wife went through this a few years back, she had some food related issues for a bit, but is back to her old self now. We don't even remember it except that it was the last day of our Cancun trip, and she had to travel through that pain to make it to a US doctor

God Bless, and many prayers headed your way.

Mason