Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > Prayer Requests

Prayer Requests Let's face it -- there are times when everyone could use a few extra prayers coming their way. Feel free to post about prayers needed for yourself, family, friends, and anyone else!

Old Tue, June 23rd, 2009, 11:27 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light
Default Liam needs your prayers!

Okay, so Liam's on his fifth day of antibiotics. Whatever it is that he has is getting worse instead of getting better. He's not in pain or even uncomfortable -- can't figure THAT one out! -- but he can't go out of the house and is very sad. Even worse -- the pool went up over the weekend, but we've all made a deal that we won't go in until Liam can.

We have a 3:15 doctor's appointment today; I'll update you when we get back.

If you have a second, please just say a prayer that they figure this out and can get him on the right medicine. I feel so bad for the little guy.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, June 23rd, 2009, 11:55 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Oh Corey! I'm so sad for him and all of you. He's in my thoughts.

- Jack
Old Tue, June 23rd, 2009, 12:25 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Thoughts and prayers sent.

Lars

BTW Maybe it just has to run its course and its something that the antibiotics can't touch?
Hope he gets to feeling better!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, June 23rd, 2009, 08:11 PM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

Will do! The little guy should be enjoying his time in the pool, not stuck inside. I hope the doc has come through with something to help.

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Tue, June 23rd, 2009, 08:32 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

So, Corey, we're like a bunch of uncles, wondering what's going on. Was the visit to the doctor at all helpful?

- Jack
Old Tue, June 23rd, 2009, 09:55 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry. I meant to get on here sooner.

Okay, what I have learned is that sometimes doctors don't know what they're talking about (something I actually learned three years ago when Wil had E. coli poisoning but should have taken more to heart, obviously). They are now saying that he's having an allergic reaction in addition to the impetigo, which my Mommy instincts says is just wrong. I've been online for hours and have ran it past three friends who are nurses, too. They've just got this one wrong. I told the doctor that if I had to bet, I'd say that he has two totally different things going on at once -- impetigo from scratching his bug bits which caused and infection and CHICKEN POX. She agreed that it DID look like it but wasn't willing to jump in with both feet. It might be odd to have two different things at once, but it's like he's cut right through the middle -- one kind of cootie on the bottom and one kind of cootie on the top that's making its way down.

Funny, my sister did some googling, and she found a thread on a website with dozens of posts from people who have and whose kids have the same symptoms as my little man! Everyone has been misdiagnosed along the way, and it seems that no doctor has been able to diagnose it. Of course, this may not be the same thing, but it's sure nice to feel like we're not in this alone.

For now, I think it's just sit and wait and see what happens. We have the nebulizer ready in case a severe reaction starts and he has any problem breathing, but so far, it's not like that at all. It just looks pretty foul.

Billy added more chlorine into the pool. As long as it's sunny, those kids are going tomorrow. This staying in the house thing is just killing them.

Thank you for your concern and good wishes. Keep them coming! This thing is FAR from over!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, June 23rd, 2009, 10:05 PM
PHP Groupie

Thank you Corey! Doctors just "guess", don't they?

Pool chlorine may even help. It's certainly a disinfectant.

The one thing that tends to keep us all going - in spite of doctor's best efforts, we mostly survive!

Hope everyone enjoys the swim!

- Jack
Old Tue, June 23rd, 2009, 10:38 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

I know this isn't MD forum but here it goes.

Where I grew up we were allways exposed to the 3 poison plants ivy, oak, and sumac.
All 3 of these have the same looking rash as chicken pox and/or impetigo. Itching them spreads them.

Mom kept this on hand 24/7/365 its called caladryl. It worked wonders for us when we were boys.
Its pink and sold OTC.
http://www.americarx.com/products/6660.html

Just a thought.

Hope he's feeling better.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, June 24th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

I was also going to suggest calamine(?) lotion, but it's probably close or the same as the caladryl 88 suggested. If you have hydrogen peroxide it may also be helpful at disinfection, and it's usually never is painful to use.

Either way, it's good to hear he's going to get outside and have some fun.

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Wed, June 24th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Duty, Honor, Country

ChuckD will become famous soon enough

Don't laugh but make up some plain oatmeal and paste it to his legs and have him to sit very still.
2004 Explorer Limited
A veteran is someone who, at one point in one's life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author Unknown