Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > General Vehicle Related Topics > Performance Modifications and Other Conversations

Performance Modifications and Other Conversations This is a place where we can have real, honest discussions about all things performance related.

Whether it's power adders, engine parts, configurations, injectors, tuning, or whatever else you can thing of, let's talk about it!

Old Mon, May 10th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Whopper

GSXRider is on a distinguished road
Default One more thing

I'm increasing my wheel size to 37x12.5x17, what performance gains or loses should I expect with the Magnaflow upgrade and what sound differences will there be?

GSXRider
Old Sun, May 16th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

Increasing tire size is going to negatively impact performance. It in effect makes your gear ratio more mild, hence requires more pedal to get the same output/performance.
Installing an exhaust may cancel out the effect of the tire size increase, but I'd say it's going to be something you'll have to do to see just how much it impacts your truck.

I installed a Magnaflow SIDO on my '05 w/ 4.6L and I immediately noticed better throttle response and an improvement in performance; but, it was the only change I made at that time, so the effects were easy to notice. I can tell you though, the sound is great. I do not find it to be annoying 98 percent of the time and have not noticed any increase in mpg since I'm probably on the gas even more just to hear it.

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Mon, May 17th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Whopper

Default Getting Exhaust Upgrade

Thanks BlackSTX,

That's what I've heard, gonna get the Magnaflow today, still not sure which one, SI/SO or SI/DO. I'll let you know what happens...
Old Sat, May 29th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Whopper

Default New Exhaust Finally

Well guys ,

Finally got the Magnaflow SI/SO chrome tip looks/sounds great , love it, can't wait to get the Evo Upgrade w/custom tunes that will complete my set-up for now...
GSXRider 03' Ford F150 FX4 SC, Fabtech 6" Lift, Perf. Accessories 3" Body Lift, ATX Artillery Wheels, Pro Comp MT's 37x12.5x17, K&N CAI, Gryphon w/mounting pod, Alpine CDA-9856 Receiver, 2 Alpine 10" subs, 4 Alpine 5x7 speakers, 4 Swivel Tweeters, Viper Alarm with remote start, security and keyless entry system w/glass break sensor and battery back-up
Old Sun, May 30th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

I kind of thought you'd be happy with the sound, it's not overly intrusive in the cab, yet you hear it when you step on the gas.

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.